Citi Credit Portfolio Sr Risk Mgr / Consumer Risk in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico,Distrito Federal
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18019796
· Manage Personal Installment Loans (PIL) portfolio returns, credit quality and performance in line with stated benchmarks / hurdles.
· Establish and manage the risk appetite framework and appetite for acquisition and ECM. Working in partnership with the business units, define the target market, determine the business strategy and the set of performance and return metrics that comply with corporate standards and are appropriate to the local operating environment.
· Design, implement and monitor the effectiveness of the credit policies and if applicable, adjust credit policies to ensure performance and return are in accordance with established risk appetite statement. Ensure that the policies are in full compliance with global corporate policies, governing regulations and where required, document and obtain approval for exceptions.
· Desirable to have a comprehensive understanding of the local operating environment (e.g. market, competition, economy, political, legal, regulatory) and its impact on the portfolios.
· Design, implement and manage production systems capabilities in order to ensure that credit processes are executed in line with product program design and credit policies.
· Implement and manage analytic infrastructure and tools including models, MIS capabilities so that portfolio qualities can be accurately evaluated.
· Proactively identify emerging risks and implement mitigation actions as appropriate.
· In times of downturn or crisis, manage policies and processes to provide appropriate relief to customers and reduce financial losses to the franchise.
· Manage PIL Risk Management team, recruit, develop and retain talent and bench.
· Provide oversight to the relevant operation units to ensure that credit processes and staffing are appropriate, effective, and executed in full compliance with policies, both local and corporate.
· Maintain a strong control environment at all times; escalate critical issues in accordance with corporate protocols and/or based on prudent judgment
Required Risk / Business Skills and Experience
· Minimum 8 years' experience in Analytics-Oriented Areas (such as Risk Management, Decision Management, Finance, etc) covering wide range of products. Extensive direct experience in managing consumer products is a must
· Desirable experience in Credit Operations (Collections / Underwriting/Fraud).
· Able to make decisions on matters pertaining to aspects of risk other than credit, such as franchise, reputation risk and country risk.
· Able to identify and influence key decision makers across various levels and functions within the organization;
· Able to work in a rapidly changing external environment and support business in a highly competitive and challenging market.
· Thinks and acts decisively in high risk scenarios, appropriately assessing a situation based on available data, experience, intuition, and judgment.
· Effectiveness in working within a matrix organization is essential.
· Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity.
· Required advanced verbal & written English and Spanish communication skills.
· Active listening skills.
· Candidates must have highly effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating Risk issues, strength in sustaining independent views.
· Able to “roll up sleeves” and work across levels in risk management and also with other operations and business teams.
· Excellent Presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and adapting style as necessary.
· Acts as a role model for managing people, coaching, and serving as a mentor.
- Creates and sustains a network of strong partnerships with the business (relationship and product management), key risk functional partners and other important stakeholders.
- Degree in Business, economics, statistics or Engineer related disciplines. Master degree preferred.