Continental Corporation Test Supervisor (CES) in Guadalajara, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. Continental Engineering Services (CES) is a subsidiary of Continental AG. With more than 1,500 engineers and specialists, we design and manufacture complex high technology mechatronic products and systems for small series and niche applications at 15 locations around the world. Depending on our customer needs, we can either develop bespoke products from initial concepts, or we have the unique opportunity to access and modify the proven large-scale production technology of Continental AG for individual solutions. Manufacturers of sports cars and special-purpose vehicles as well as a variety of industrial customers are among those who benefit from our services. We work in the areas of Chassis & Safety Control, Interior Electronic Functions, Vehicle Electrification, and Engine & Transmission Management. Are you ready for an exciting future? Apply now!
Auto req ID 78230BR
Job Title Test Supervisor (CES)
Posting Location Guadalajara
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking a Software Test Supervisor to satisfy customer's needs as an integral part of a global and diverse team for the next generation of vehicles. Position requires responsibility for SW testing/validation related decisions, coordination of active projects, quoting and development of a new system concepts and design for projects in the Chassis & Safety division.
• Strong test software development skills to coach and mentor other engineers
• Estimate and participate in the acquisition of new projects with internal/external customers
• Lead a team of Software Test/Validation Engineers
• Develop PC software in support of validating customer and internal requirements are met by Software development team. Includes all aspects of Software Validation Engineering, from understanding requirements to design, to implementation, troubleshooting, execution and reporting results of validation test cases.
• Analyze software requirements to determine test procedure
• Development & maintenance of validation test cases to cover SW requirements
• Debug & Problem solve for issues (determine if test script, test setup or SW under test is at fault)
• Execute developed tests for each product release, compose test report, review with SW project manager and quality
• Issue failure reports when necessary
• Ensure all aspects of production processes for software and calibration programming are properly verified and validated
• Responsible for testing of new products, and changes to existing products
• Occasionally provide technical leadership and mentor personnel within the department
• Documentation of detail test plans, test design, analysis, computer modeling, prototype/production test scripts and specification releases
• Participate on the automatic test case creation for general products
• Participate on the manual test case creation for general products.
• Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by Management
• Experience with Automotive Electronic/Electromechanical Products
• C, C# programming, scripting (python, Perl, bash)
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge through extensive directly related experience
• Create value through the ability to integrate knowledge from different areas of specialized knowledge
• Linux awareness.
• Configuration management, software/test cases version control.
• Must be willing to travel (approx. 20% of time) supporting internal and external customer support trips
• Minimum 5 years in Testing/Validation activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
• 7 years’ experience
• Experience with embedded software (8 – 32 bit microcontrollers)
• Experience in telematics and/or eCall products
• Proficient with CAN protocol and related tools
• Experience testing the developed modules in a real vehicle
• Agile methodology
General knowledge: Git, Jenkins.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.