PlexusCorp Hardware Engineer Senior - Digital in Guadalajara, Mexico
About the Role A Digital Hardware Engineer at Plexus is involved in board-level designs, FPGA designs, and signal integrity analysis. Examples of recent digital designs at Plexus include network interface card and data switch board for a supercomputer, computer board for a smart infusion pump rack, and a video processing card for military aircraft. As a Senior Engineer, you are a key technical contributor on projects, an interface to Plexus’ Customers while serving as a mentor & leader to others.
- Develop engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Realization value stream
- Utilize appropriate tools and equipment to perform necessary design work including design creation, design analysis, and design verification
- Support proposal development through the identification of project tasks, durations, interdependencies, risks and assumptions
- Effectively work independently without direction from mentors of functional management
Directly interface with customer to clearly and concisely communicate technical information Skills & Abilities
- PCB layout guidance
- Timing analysis
- Signal integrity simulation
- HDL coding (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog)
- Operating general lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, device programmers)
Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology is required for this position
- 6+ years of digital hardware design experience is required All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Auto req ID: 18060BR
Title: Hardware Engineer Senior - Digital
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Working At Plexus: Since 1979, Plexus has been partnering with companies to create the products that build a better world. We are a team of over 15,000, providing global Design and Development, Supply Chain Solutions, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing and Aftermarket Services. Plexus is an industry leader that specializes in serving customers with complex products used in demanding regulatory environments. With a culture built around innovation and customer service, Plexus’ teams create customized end-to-end solutions to assure the realization of the most intricate products. For more information about Plexus, visit our website, plexus.com.