Continental Corporation Project Management in Plant (TEMPORAL POSITION ) in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID 87271BR
Job Title Project Management in Plant (TEMPORAL POSITION )
Posting Location Ciudad Juarez
Responsible to pursue gross margin improvement measures for the assigned product segment, also to provide direction to cross functional team members to achive project goals, project plan development to provide proposals to work under restricted project times. Product application introduction on current production products/lines as applicable.
▪ Provide direction to the the team on the execution and deliverables of the project to accomplish the objectives on time, cost and deployments established.
▪ Identify and coordinate the requiered resources for the project execution in all the different phases.
▪ Investment planning in cooperation with Manufacturing Planner.
▪ Responsible to prepare and submit the estiamted cost savings potential for any assigned cost reduction project/idea (Netimpact).
▪ Usage of the optimal metodology for project managements on the designated projects, tracking the project according to the PLC procedure
▪ Act as a Change Manager for any assigned project and/or change management item where there is a cost reduction measure identified or any impact to product profitability(Gross Margin).
▪ Responsible to prepare and communicate on a regular basis cost reduction plans and status to the Segment and FF
▪ Establish and implement the communication plan of the project , schedule and coordination of the follow up meetings. Involving the external and local team members.
▪ Coordinate through the PE the activities for introduction of new component and or supplier until the implementation in production to ensure no impact to gross margin.
▪ Coordination with the PE and production team of introduction for new product aplications until the implementation in production to ensure no impact to gross margin.
▪ Responsible to conduct DTC /CRP process in to JRZ plant to meet product Gross margin targets.
Problem Solving tools
ISO TS 16949 and ISO 14000
Experiense on the automotive industry minimun 5 year .Experience on the position related to manufacturing Engineering ,Quality or Product Engineering minimun 3 years.
Minimum 2 years of experience on project management related to manufacturing
Availability to work with international teams
Job Requirements -
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.