Haemonetics Trade Compliance Specialist in Mexico
Title: Trade Compliance Specialist
Job Number: 161111694
Conducts periodic site/division internal reviews. Researches and evaluates trade compliance business practices and makes recommendations for corrective actions. Generates reports that monitor and measure Company’s compliance performance. Assists in the design and delivery of education and training. Provides assistance to internal customers to help facilitate import and export transactions. Ensures legal compliance and provides import/export administration support and internal control, related to government rules and regulations, including appropriate export licensing. Reviews contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions. Interfaces with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers and other functional areas. Support the Logistic Groups in the selection of carrier/forwarder for shipment of products. Assists in developing global compliance policies. Monitors internal controls and procedures.
• Provide assistance to internal customers in a variety of logistics issues.
• Assist Logistics groups in the day to day import and export operations in order to support trade compliance initiatives and objectives.
• Conduct periodic site/division internal reviews, and recommend corrective actions when necessary.
• Send internal review questionnaire to assess both trade compliance and supply chain security compliance. Coordinate the internal review schedule.
• Research if business has changed (new products, new supply chain, new mix).
• Determine regulatory requirements to import/export determined products.
• Review supply chains to understand trade activities.
• Generate reports that monitor and measure company’s compliance performance.
• Conduct Free Trade Agreements eligibility analysis, issue proper certificates of origin.
• Help evaluate trade compliance automated solutions.
• Conduct Supply Chain Risk Assessment to support Supply Chain Security Programs.
• Interact substantially with internal departments including: Manufacturing, Logistics & Shipping, Procurement; Research and Development; Legal, Regulatory, Finance and Sales and Marketing along with the Transportation Group supporting the relationship with transportation/freight forwarding service providers, including domestic and international suppliers.
• Determine proper classification.
• Work with Regulatory and ensure products have proper regional Health Authorities clearance prior to importation.
• Maintain key metrics published, prepare charts and analysis.
• Assist in the design, delivery of trade compliance internal training programs, including maintenance of training records.
• Assist with Customs Valuation related inquiries.
• Support External Customs Audits and/or formal Customs inquiries.
• Develop and implement customs policies, procedures and processes.
Required Bachelor's Degree
Required 1 year relevant experience
Preferred 1 year relevant experience in an international trade-related or firm specializing in import/export processes and/or Medical Device
Job: Supply Chain & Distribution