Citi Risk Analytics Officer in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16078826
Reporting to the In Business Risk Oversight Head, the Risk Officer will support the process to identify and report of operational risks as they emerge, review the Business Environment and Internal Control Factors, assess KOR & KRI status and trends, provide data for Scenario Analysis and perform data analysis on significant internal events.
The Risk Officer will work closely with the In Business oversight Head, OGC Functional Peers, In Business Control Officers and control related Heads to identify other key processes and controls that require enhancement or major transformation.
The Office of Governance & Control is a function within the “first line of defense”, reporting directly to the President of Grupo Financiero Banamex (GFB). It is responsible for strengthening the control environment across the entire franchise and to build a more effective Governance Structure and Operating Model
· Support Risk oversight across GFB for assigned product or global function including:
o Product / Process design approval
o Identify emerging risks and recommend actions
o Analyze internal and external risk environment and recommend solutions when is required
· Interact with risk specialist providing feedback and supporting on business initiatives.
· Provide guidance on MCA transformation program.
· Continually focus on improving processes that offer operational and productivity efficiencies and proactively engage with businesses to assess their risk and control environments.
· Drive Sustainability of corrective actions - Event Response – Enhanced oversight, challenge by 2nd Line of Defense
· Provide support to ensure operational risk data quality
Degree in Actuarial/Mathematical
§ Strong analytical skills applicable across different businesses, products and customer classes.
Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
Able to eliminate chaos and confusion. Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively.
Innovative. Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes.
Has led and/or successfully influenced cross-functional and/or geographically diverse initiatives.
§ Considers broad implications of decisions on different functions and units.
Can clearly articulate the processes supporting a business unit’s function, controls, business priorities, impact on financial reporting, issues and risks associated with the IT infrastructure; understands limitations, can identify gaps and proactively help develop solutions.
Experience in Operational Risk with knowledge of credit risk and/or market risk a plus. Familiarity with a wide range of businesses; understands capital markets and retail products
· Ability to foster co-operative and collaborative working
· Strong communication abilities to serve as liaison between different groups within the Organization
· Experience working with direct and indirect reports or teams
· Provide both verbal and written communications regarding training programs status, risks and issues to escalate to stakeholders and senior management
· Proactively mitigate, manage and escalate issues
· Orchestrate and drive the successful & timely completion of programs to achieve business goals
Expert capabilities as a team leader: creating a positive environment; providing feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues