Citi Rec & Proofing Sr. Group Mgr in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16069678
Mexico Operations and Technology (O&T) Risk and Controls Head:
Is responsible for implementing and managing a consolidated controls framework in support of Mexico O&T. Working closely with the businesses and local O&T management across a large, complex, and varied environment, the successful candidate will:
• Establish a strategic and proactive O&T risk and governance framework for Mexico leveraging global ICG and Citi best practices.
• Establish a Mexico O&T Controls roadmap with a focus on risk transparency, escalation and remediation.
• Understand Mexico in-country laws and regulations, processes people and site strategy
• Proactively identify control deficiencies through testing, risk and control initiatives, instituting KRI’s and BAU business meetings/discussions.
• Assist in the identification of corrective action plans and monitor remediation progress.
• Facilitate compliance with Policies, Standards and Regulations.
• Perform O&T risk analysis, identifying opportunities for mitigation and process improvements.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ideal candidate would have a broad knowledge and understanding of various ICG product offerings (form both an operational and technology perspective)
• Strong background in Controls related functions
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Audit, Risk Management and /or Control disciplines
• Working experience with Mexico in-country laws and regulations
• Demonstrable track record of delivering to demanding standards of quality and accuracy through management of regional/global teams
Skills & Qualifications
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with high level of attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritize within tight deadlines while maintaining total accuracy
• Ability to influence and quickly earn the confidence of others
• Quick learner with ability to excel in a diverse, global environment
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher items relevant to the development unit covered, and determine corresponding risk
• Possess the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with various levels of management
• Ability to coordinate/manage initiatives from end-to-end
• Strong affinity to manage Control practices demonstrating a pragmatic risk-based approach
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex projects through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards.
• Consults with users and clients to solve issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards; recommends solutions.
• Considers the business implications of operations practices and technology systems to the current business environment; identifies and communicates risks and impacts.
• Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
• Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
• Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.