Citi Infrastructure Tech Specialist in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Other Location: Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Latin America; Canada
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17045970
Infrastructure Tech Specialist
The L2 Senior Incident Manager is responsible for owning and driving the activities related to the Major Incident Management (IcM) process for Citi’s franchise critical applications and services. The L2 Senior Incident Manager is responsible for leading, commanding, and controlling major incidents where financial, reputation, and/or legal/regulatory impact to Citi is at risk.
This person is responsible for understanding Citi's lines of business including customer segment and franchise critical services, and having or developing a deep understanding of the applications and infrastructure components supporting those business and service.
The Major Incident Manager is expected to use the business/technology knowledge to execute the Incident Management process for all critical incidents in order to mitigate impact and reduce the time to restore business services. This includes:
• Establishing the means to resolve the incident and restore business services as rapidly as possible and driving all activities to make that occur.
• Ensuring that the appropriate communications are sent to senior management keeping them advised of the incident and of the client impact.
• Making decisions required to reduce client impact
This candidate will have extensive major/enterprise incident management experience and/or a deep and wide understanding/knowledge of Citi’s businesses, and considered ‘specialists’ in their area of expertise (business and/or platform aligned).
This candidate should also have knowledge and experience working with a wide-range of enterprise technologies, including but not limited to, distributed services (server and database), network, mainframe,
middleware (message queues, ESBs), storage, web architecture, and virtualization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for continuing the evolution of Incident Management and will work to develop the Incident Management function, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “industry-best” customer service.
Background & Description:
Citi is the world leading bank with 250,000 employees and manages over 200+ million customer accounts while operating in over 190 countries with 16,000+ offices worldwide. The L1 Incident Manager is responsible for fulfilling all the supporting roles required to completely execute the Major incident Management process, facilitating the response and the rapid resolution of incidents driven by Major Incident Manager’s commanding critical situations where financial, reputational, or legal/regulatory impact to Citi is at risk.
This role is responsible for overseeing core and management activities, procedures and structured communications to be issued to senior audience with high quality and service attitude. This will be achieved by managing, organizing human resources and urgent matters that could jeopardize our customer services and products.
The Major Incident Manager role is expected to use business/technology skills to rapidly execute the IcM process for all Major incidents in order to mitigate impact and reduce Mean Time to Restore Service (MTRS). In order to address such need, next capabilities are needed:
• Triage all the appropriate support teams for expedite troubleshooting within a technical bridge and business bridges
• Ensuring that all the appropriate IcM roles are being covered.
• Document Work notes (Live feed communications) into ServiceNow tool every 15 minutes during live incidents.
• Executive Write ups for Director levels to Summarize on Critical and High Priority Major Incidents
• Fulfill target times and Service Level of Agreement
• Master priority determination based on extracted information and impacts
Some of the specific daily tasks that the Senior Incident Manager is engaged with:
• Sensitive to future impact and risk to customers/stakeholders to triage and determine severity
• Act as coordinator to have general oversight on regional Major Incident events
• Oversee L1 and L2 activities and master each of its tasks.
• Managing and Conduct Major Incidents with High Priority
• Make sure that all core roles are covered when running critical issues
• Providing status of the situation anytime a senior request arise and be able to explain at technical and business level.
• Provide and document input for Root Cause Analysis
• Be able to handle and deal with Executive calls
• Having executive representation whenever needed on Huddles and Staff sessions
• Managing Senior Escalation at any level and challenge handling
• Document and feedback Knowledge Base articles.
The ideal individual in the L2 Senior Incident Manager role will have:
• Enterprise incident management experience across several IT disciplines
• A fundamental understanding of Citi’s lines of business with a primary focus of the institutional clients group / markets
• Knowledge of transactional banking preferred
1. Payments, wire transactions, and ACH
2. Statement Processing
3. Letters of Credit
4. Third Party Custody
5. Commercial Banking / cards
• Knowledge and experience working with a wide-range of enterprise technologies, including but not limited to
o Distributed services (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, AS400, etc…),
o SQL and Oracle database architecture
o Network infrastructure including but not limited to switches, routers, load balancers, etc…
o Telephony infrastructure, VoIP, TCP/IP, SONET, PBX, ACD, etc…
o Mainframe hardware and platforms
o Middleware (message queues, ESBs)
o Storage (EMC, IBM, Hitachi, etc…), cloud-based file sharing, deduplication
o Proxy servers, web architecture and various virtualization infrastructure
o security operations, intrusion detection, firewalls, Single Sign On (SSO)
o Enterprise Service Management (ESM) platforms such as ServiceNow
The L2 Senior Incident Manager is responsible for supporting and assisting the Major Incident Managers to develop the Incident Management function, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “Best in Class” customer service.
Some of the more essential skills required for executing the objectives of the role are:
• Critical Thinking
• Deductive Reasoning
• Problem Solving
• Leadership – Capacity, Capability, and Competency (“Leaders inspire other to take action”)
• Command & Control presence
• Active Listening
• Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude while being assertive
• Ability and confidence to act with decisiveness on critical decisions
• Exercise influence over a wide range of individuals at all levels of technical & business leadership
• Ability to multi-task and make sound judgments in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
• Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
• Excellent telephone, oral communication skills, strong verbal and written English
• Strong interpersonal & relationship building
• Ability to learn and develop quickly.
• Shift Oriented resulting in work across one or more shifts in a 24x7x365 operational team
• Drive all incidents globally until resolved using “Command & Control” methodology
• Manage support teams to address and resolve outages
• Help manage escalation notification and rapid communications to all senior executives and stakeholders across the company.
• Collaborate with local, regional, and global incident management (IcM) teams to share knowledge of people, process, and technology.
• Ensure all Incidents are accurately documented within ServiceNow records.
• Continuous process improvement while increasing service quality.
• proactively identify opportunities for improving Incident Management process “Faster, Better, Cheaper”
• Help establish, foster, and grow relationships with global business and technology organizations
• Increase technology, business unit, and organizational knowledge year over year.
• Help build close relationships with Service Assurance teams such as Problem Management
• 7 + years running incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment
• 7-10 years technical experience – preferably in leadership or a Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributor role in an application support or infrastructure organization
• 7-10 years working in a process-driven environment
• 7-10 years of interacting with a demanding customer focused service delivery organization
• 7-10 years of experience with IT process related industry best practice service delivery framework and IT service management standards such as (such as ISO 20000-1:2005)
• Solid understanding of ITIL methodology and demonstrated proficient in the ITIL v3 framework
• Strong “Command & Control” presence
• Industry recognized trouble shooting methodology to be able to ask the right questions
• 7-10 years of experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises
• University undergraduate BS/BA degree preferred
• ITIL v3 Certification(s)
• CISCO certifications a plus
• CISSP certification a major plus
• Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese a significant plus
• Military Service a significant plus