Citi In Business Control Officer Manager - VP in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17037531
Reporting to the OGC In Business Control Officer Head, the In Business Control Officer Manager (IBCO Manager) will assist on the coordination of the IBCO “Common Operating Model” across GFB.
As IBCO Manager, s/he will be responsible for implementing and managing strategic interaction channels and escalation forums to ensure faster communication of major themes.
The IBCO Manger will work closely with the OGC IBCO Head, OGC functional peers and In Business Control Officers to ensure alignment for an effective control decision making around GFB.
The Office of Governance & Control is a function within the “first line of defense,” reporting directly to the President of Grupo Financiero Banamex (GFB). It is responsible for strengthening the control environment across the entire franchise and to build a more effective Governance Structure and Operating Model.
The In Business Control Officer (IBCO) is the officer designated by the Business Head for strengthening the control environment across a given business. S/he should have front to back line of sight into all key aspects of the respective business, as well as providing control related reporting assistance in the resolution of outstanding issues, corrective action plans and any other control process which needs to be addressed. IBCO reports directly to the respective Banamex Business Head and matrix to the Governance & Control Head.
· Support with the standardization of the In-Business Control Officers roles and responsibilities function across Grupo Financiero Banamex
· Monitor IBCO Clusters standards for bringing consistency and efficiency to the implementation of control initiatives across GFB
· Assist IBCO Head with the administration of Senior IBCOs Roundtable (coordinate weekly meetings, manage agenda, create minutes and tracking of actions items and/or escalation topics)
· Assist IBCO Head with the administration of IBCO Council (coordinate bi-monthly meetings, manage agenda, update attendance list, create minutes and tracking of actions items and/or escalation topics)
·Coordinate with OGC teams to define agenda for periodic IBCO meetings
· Develop performance scorecards for IBCOs
· Support IBCOs interaction with the 2nd and 3 rd lines of defense
· Cultivate existing relationship with IBCOs to secure and expand the control environment framework around GFB
·Actively inform and update OGC IBCO Head about emerging risk and issues related to the IBCO function
·Coordinate with OGC Training, Communication & Culture Program peers for IBCOs Certification
· Jointly coordination with IBCOs for the follow up on the CAP Oversight Program
·Coordinate with OGC Governance to provide inputs for progress reporting
· Bachelor´s degree (Post-Graduate desirable) with 5 to 8 years of experience in related functions
· Financial services industry experience required
· Relevant compliance and control knowledge is required
· Strategic Project Management experience
· Administration of high performance teams experience
·Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
·Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
·Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills with key stakeholders and Senior Management
·Strategic and goal-oriented thinker
·Strong interpersonal skills – including teamwork and organisational skills
·Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
·Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
·Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and with unexpected requirement changes
· Leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement.
Fluent in English and Spanish
· Ability to foster co-operative and collaborative working
· Strong communication abilities to serve as liaison between different groups within the Organization
· Experience working with direct and indirect reports or teams
· Proactively mitigate, manage and escalate issues
· Orchestrate and drive the successful & timely completion of programs to achieve business goals
· Expert capabilities as a team leader: creating a positive environment; providing feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
Position based in Mexico City