Citi GIU AML QA Manager in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16076448
The GIU Quality Assurance (QA) Manager holds a critical function in the execution of Manager‘s Control Assessment (MCA) and prevention of error or omission risks during the investigation documentation process through the Quality Control (QC) process. In addition, this function will contribute substantially to an understanding of country data privacy requirements and systems necessary to conduct Regional Enterprise-Wide Customer Relationship Reviews involving “high risk” customers that either have accounts in multiple countries and/or in the same country but across multiple business sectors.
The QA Manager will assess continuous monitoring and testing results to identify gaps in control execution, emerging risks and/or weaknesses in processes and control design. QA Manager will also play a key role in in training strategies in different country systems and ensure that proper entitlements are granted. Additionally, the QA Manager will coordinate and manage the regional Data Privacy (DP) requirements and clearance process in conjunction with the Data Privacy Office.
• Oversee the execution of appropriate QA procedures as prescribed. Determine root cause of issues identified through MCA and assist in the development of corrective action plans (CAPs).
• Ensure completeness and consistency in the investigations documentation in order to meet GIU procedures requirements.
• Develop specific DP investigation templates for LATAM countries with DP restrictions, as well as those countries with GIU presence (i.e.Brazil and Argentina).
• Ensure proper testing and adequate controls are implemented around systems access and in compliance with country data privacy requirements.
• Management and coordination of GIU Internal Audits reviews as a single point of contact.
• Provide continuous feedback to Analysis team regarding observations identified during the QC process.
• Provide to LATAM GIU Senior Management QA Reports, in order to reflect trends and potential risks identified at the investigations documentation process and MCA which will serve as a pointer to the Investigations team for improvement.
• Implementation of a training strategy and awareness communications regarding those observations identified as a result of the MCA and QC processes, as well as training requests made by the Investigations Team.
• Provide advice on Data Privacy subject matters and GIU Procedures requirements.
• Provide feedback on MCA tests developed at Global Level, as deemed necessary, in order to improve tests and provide regional particularities.
• Maintain continious communication with Global GIU QA Team regarding observations identified through MCA, as well as CAPs implemented.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in Risk Management, AntiMoney Laundering, Compliance, information security, at Banking sector or any other financial services.
• Post Graduate Degree is a plus.
• Experience in reviewing customer transactions for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML related investigations.
• Knowledge of international typologies, FATF Recommendations, and Regulations related to Anti Money Laundering topics.
• Research skills, including experience with online research tools.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Outlook)
• Strong writing, analytical, and communication skills in both English and Sspanish.
• Able to multitask and complete projects in a timely fashion.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Self-starter with strong ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate in English with Global teams (including calls, emails, and documentation).
• CAMS (Certified AntiMoney Laundering Specialist) certification or any other similar.
• FIBA Certification