Citi GIU AML-Analyst in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16076447
Analysts are responsible for conducting Global Enterprise-Wide Customer Relationship Reviews / Triage assessments involving “high risk” customers that either have accounts in multiple regions, in multiple countries and/or in the same country but across multiple business sectors. The Analysts are responsible for reviewing the customer cases, reviewing associated investigations, conducting research, documenting the investigations / assessments, and providing initial recommendations and supporting documentation. The Analysts consult with the Senior Analysts during the review process for guidance.
• Independently conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from Citi internal systems, the internet and commercial databases
• Independently assess and analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis applying background knowledge and experience
• Conduct enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures
• Conduct investigations / assessments using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements.
• Participate in the generation of GIU metrics and the management / maintenance of GIU trackers.
• Obtain guidance from Senior Analysts, Team Lead or Regional Coordinator when necessary
• Bachelor’s degree
• Post Graduate Degree is a plus
• 2 years of experience in reviewing customer information for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML related investigations / assessments.
• Knowledge of international typologies, FATF Recommendations, and Regulations related to Anti Money Laundering topics.
• Excellent research skills, including experience with online research tools
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Outlook)
• Strong writing, analytical, and communication skills.
• Able to multitask and complete projects in a timely fashion.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Self-starter with strong ability to work independently
• Ability to communicate in English with Global teams (including calls, emails, and documentation).
• CAMS (Certified AntiMoney Laundering Specialist) certification or any other similar.
• FIBA Certification