Citi Compliance Assurance Governance and Monitoring Coordinator in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17041371
As part of continued enhancements to Compliance’ second line of defense programs, this role will be responsible for coordination of the oversight of the execution of Compliance Monitoring activities and coverage of compliance risks under Compliance Assurance (Monitoring and Testing) for their respective region or business.
This role also has responsibility for establishment and coordination of the Governance for Compliance Assurance, bringing together Compliance Testing and Monitoring to review for adequacy of coverage of appropriate risk areas, per the agreed methodology for Monitoring and Testing. The Governance forum should serve as the escalation point for thematic and emerging risk, to enable discussions to identify required changes to Compliance program coverage.
With heightened expectations by regulators globally, Compliance Monitoring is a tool that Compliance may deploy to demonstrate independent review and oversight of the lines of business activity, including assessment of adherence to key laws, rules, standards and compliance-related policies or procedures.
Both Compliance Monitoring and Testing adopt a risk based approach and utilize output from Compliances’ own Risk Assessment processes based on the Compliance Risk Taxonomy.
Results of Compliance Monitoring and and Testing are reported to senior management, stakeholders and in some instance regulators locally, as well as at regional and global levels through regular reporting and governance mechanisms.
Establishment of a Compliance Assurance forum will allow for the Heads of Compliance for regions or businesses to demonstrate oversight and challenge.
• Partner with Product, Corporate & Country Compliance officers as appropriate, to analyse and support the development of Monitoring routines in line with the risk based methodology
• Partner with peers and colleagues at the sector and/ or regional level to ensure monitoring routines are globally consistent where appropriate
• Partner with the Compliance Monitoring teams to ensure that the annual planning exercise is executed in line with the prescribed timelines and risk based methodology and planning template.
• Coordinate with Monitoring Program Owners to create a consolidated sector or regional Compliance Monitoring Plan to be approved by the Sector or Regional Head of Compliance
• Provide training to Monitoring Teams on the expectations around documentation of steps taken to perform monitoring activities, supporting documentation of the performed activities, and disposition of monitoring exceptions.
• Track key metrics on execution against Monitoring Plans and ensure timely reporting and escalation of exceptions to Global and Regional Compliance Seniors as appropriate
• Embed a quality check to ensure that initial implementation of Monitoring Plans transition to, and is consistent with the Global model.
• Where it is feasible and practical establish a centralized enterprise wide Compliance Monitoring utility that will execute agreed monitoring routines on behalf of countries and businesses.
• Consider leveraging the output from the Strategic Data Solutions team to support Monitoring activities.
• Contribute to the ongoing sustainability of the Global Compliance Monitoring Program by ensuring that it reflects key areas of compliance risk and is executed on a timely basis.
• Establish and coordinate the Compliance Assurance Governance process and meeting standards, to communicate/report and review the results/identified issues of testing and monitoring activities
• Partner with the Compliance Reporting team to develop reports to support the Assurance process
• Minimum 10 years industry experience with a background in Compliance, Risk or Audit, preferably gained in an international financial institution
• Good knowledge of Banking products, processes, procedures and regulations
▪ Compliance Systems and Controls and terminology
▪ Experience of embedding or reinforcing a culture of Compliance
• Strong oral and written communication / negotiation skills, with the proven ability to influence opinion especially with senior business managers in Spanish and English
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task, execute and generally move things along and complete tasks adeptly.
• Accuracy and attention to detail in the presentation of reports to a senior audience
• Strategic and goal-oriented focus
• Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
• Ability to interpret the regulatory environment and apply in context to the programs within Compliance
• Strong ability to manage and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
College/university education preferred (Bachelor or Engineering Degree), but an exceptional working track record will also be deemed important.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.