Citi Business Practices Senior Manager (BP Senior Manager) VP in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16074976
The Office of Governance & Control is a function within the “first line of defense”, reporting directly to the President of Grupo Financiero Banamex (GFB). It is responsible for strengthening the control environment across the entire franchise and to build a more effective Governance Structure and Operating Model.
BPCs are forums whereby relevant members of Senior Management discuss and resolve potential significant reputation and/or franchise risk issues. They provide a clear path for the escalation of sensitive and often confidential reputation and/or franchise risk issues. Once an issue is escalated, a BPC can quickly be convened to discuss and resolve such issue.
Reputation Risk has been defined by the OCC as “the risk to current or projected financial condition and resilience arising from negative public opinion.” They have noted further that “[t]his risk may impair a bank’s competitiveness by affecting its ability to establish new relationships or services or continue servicing existing relationships. Reputation risk is inherent in all bank activities and requires management to exercise an abundance of caution in dealing with stakeholders, such as customers, counterparties, correspondents, investors, regulators, employees, and the community.”
Citi operates globally and delivers an array of products through multiple channels. Therefore, we must weigh the risks and rewards associated with our actions in a thoughtful and prudent way. Monitoring for reputation risk requires continued vigilance although it cannot be quantified or measured in the same way that Market Risk, Credit Risk or Liquidity Risk are measured.
Reporting to the OGC Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Governance & Training Head, the Business Practices Senior Manager will be responsible to promote an effective management of reputational and/or franchise risks around Citibanamex through the coordination of the Business Practices Committee (BPC) for Mexico. BPC is chaired by Citibanamex CEO and pursues to assess and resolve potential conflicts of interest and other reputational risks even when business practices fall within the “letter of the law”.
BP Manager will work together with BP Regional Leads to ensure quickly escalation of sensitive and often confidential reputation and/or franchise risk issues for Consumer and ICG Businesses. S/he will interact closely with the OGC Head, Local and Global Senior Management, OGC Senior Management Team, In Business Control Officers (IBCOs), Global and Regional BP Liaisons and other key stakeholders within the three lines of defense.
· Provide leadership for reviews to identify potential issues, as well as working closely with the Consumer and ICG BP Leads for the escalation of sensitive and often confidential reputation and/or franchise risk issues.
· Ensure that relevant members of Senior Management have been made aware of potential significant reputation and/or franchise risk issues to review any potential concerns in advance, fostering a “no surprises” environment.
· Provide leadership and direction to the Businesses in terms of potential escalation topics that need to be escalated to the Mexico BPC
· Ensure the effective operation of the Business Practices Committee (BPC) for Mexico by the preparation of the agenda, presentation/materials and meeting minutes in adherence with Mexico BPC Charter.
· Monitor Mexico BPC follow up action items to ensure committee agreements and/or BPC members special requests are accomplish on a timely manner and in compliance with Citibanamex standards.
· Ensure “BPC Pre-Clearance Committee” is carried out in compliance with the Mexico BPC Charter and escalation topics/issues are being raised to the Mexico BPC.
· Manage Mexico BPC materials and serve as the main point of contact with the Global BP Team for all Business Practices related topics, including Global operational responsibilities (i.e. uploading Mexico materials in Global repositories, etc.)
· Partner with the OGC Senior Management Team to develop and manage periodic reviews of the effectiveness of the Mexico BPC to look for continuous improvements and/or implement Global best practices.
· Law Degree
· Post-Graduate (Master Degree desirable) with 8+ years of experience in related functions
· Financial services industry experience required
· Relevant Corporate Governance and Risk & Control knowledge is required
· Law Degree
· Post-Graduate or Master Degree
Fluent in English and Spanish
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
· Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
· Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills with key stakeholders and Senior Management
· Strategic and goal-oriented thinker
· Strong interpersonal skills – including teamwork and organisational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
· Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and with unexpected requirement changes
· Leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement.