Citi Branch Inspection Manager in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico,Distrito Federal,Álvaro Obregón
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Audit
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job ID: 17039874
Branch Inspection Manager
• Develops and executes a robust Branch Inspection Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Branch Inspection standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality branch inspection reports, and where appropriate, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Manages branch inspection activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the branch inspection annual plan.
• Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
• Manages a complex and critical unit within Branch Inspection, including a small to medium sized team of Branch examiner professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Branch Inspection standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
• Leads the professional development of Branch Inspection staff.
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the branch inspection approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
Qualifications and Competencies
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Account Opening/Contract, Investments, Payment of Services, Deposits, Withdrawals /cash advances, Transfers, Foreign Exchange, Personal Credits and Other Services products, especially those associated with the retail business.
• Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Working hours: 9:00 - 19:00 hrs