Citi AML Mexico Sr. Project Manager in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16076952
AML Mexico Sr. Project Manager
The AML Mexico Program Management Office is focused on tracking the project lifecycle of AML projects related to AML Prevention, Detection and Regulatory Reporting for global initiatives and local regulatory requirements as well as providing strategic definitions on governance, communications and implementation strategies on such programs across Grupo Financiero Banamex; partnering with internal AML Departments and Key Business stakeholders. The Sr Project Manager will report to Program Management Office Head, having a close integration with his peers and global partners, providing regular updates to the AML Mexico Office Director and Senior forums.
The Sr. Project Manager will lead AML programs with responsibilities comprised of the following components:
• Responsible for assessing, creating and gaining signoff of Project plan and charter.
• Follow up on open items in a timely fashion to ensure projects stay on track.
• Oversee Project plans and assure they meet business needs as described in the project initiation documents.
• Ensure all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities; understand the project schedule and key milestones.
• Persuade and influence others through solid communication and diplomacy skills.
• Escalate project risks to the Program Management Office Head and Executive Committees.
• Cover the operational and technical scope and objectives of the project and establish communication channels.
• Partner with O&T Business Representatives and Application Owners to develop comprehensive business requirements.
• Provide clear understanding and communication of all requirements to ensure that there is minimum gap between the expectations of the end users and the final deliverable from the technical team.
• Provide regular interaction with subject matter experts, clients, stakeholders and business partners.
• To utilize a solid understanding of Citi’s organization, infrastructure, policies and business strategy to facilitate the implementation of enterprise-wide programs.
A minimum of 5-7+ years experience with project management, business analyst practices or related responsibilities (operational change management, reengineering, internal audit) in a financial services institution is required.
The academic background expected (but not limited to) is: bachelor degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Computational / Electronic Systems Engineering or Industrial / Mechanics Engineering.
Desired comprehension of the Mexican AML Regulation, Proficiency Certifications or Master’s degree in any of the following practices is a valuable plus: Anti-Money Laundering, Project Management, Internal Audit, Risk & Control or Fraud, as well as prior exposure to initiatives with cross country visibility would be beneficial.
English, with business oral and written communication skills are expected.