Xerox Accounting Associate I in Mexico
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the production of consolidated financial and/or regulatory reporting from a legal entity perspective for internal and external bodies, in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• This position is primarily responsible for accounts payable, recording receipts, preparing bank deposits, making general ledger entries, reconciling accounts and providing customer service.
• Performs a variety of routine clerical and accounting functions within the Accounting department.
• Entry Level with little or no prior work experience
• Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks
• Work is routine and requires minimal problem resolution
• Completes work with limited autonomy
• Works with either close supervision or under clearly defined procedures
• Processes, verifies and audits invoices, expense reports, journal entries, purchase orders, etc.
• Balances items, entries or amounts related to documents processed
• Reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares balance sheet reconciliation and clears exception items
• Posts ledger and general journal entries
• Responds to routine questions related to area of responsibility
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent
Minimum Knowledge of basic accounting and finance practices
Minimum Proven ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks to ensure timely completion of all activities
Minimum Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability
Minimum Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically within an environment of changing priorities
Minimum Excellent organisation and time management skills.
Minimum Previous experience of handling customer queries face to face or telephone
Minimum Experience using computer applications used in performance of role
Minimum Excellent systems literacy knowledge – MS Office, Excel, Word, Internet, Web Conferencing
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Organization: Finance and Accounting-X000000145
Title: Accounting Associate I
Requisition ID: 16028796
Other Locations: MX-Chihuahua-Ciudad Juarez