Schneider Electric Sr. Buyer in Tijuana, Mexico
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?__
Do you have a passion for Electronic component purchasing and solving complex business challenges? Schneider Electric’s Electronics Category team tackles fundamental business issues such as sourcing suppliers, managing risk, driving cost savings and improving service - every day.
We are currently seeking a candidate with a passion for electronic components such specializing in G8 Category, including EMS and Printed Circuit Board Assemblies and a strong interest in strategic sourcing to join us in our Electronics Category team.
This position will support all factories in North America with a high content of electronic components within the category.
- Manage spend of $80M
- Reports to the Director of Procurement, Electronics
- Works closely with the RCM for G8 Category for NAM implementing the global strategy.
- Leads the Procurement activity for our G8 Electronic commodities
- Leads cross-functional teams in performingassessments of opportunities by leveraging Schneider Purchasing strategies, negotiation, e-Procurement (Ariba) and other logistics and supply chain technology
- Contribute to the development and presentation of final stakeholder presentations and other deliverables
- Runs robust process, utilizing a collaborative project management led approach to negotiate and renegotiate contracts to drive year over year productivity and mitigate increased pressure on market rates
- Understand management accounts including the ability to assess business unit level cost and performance drivers
This job might be for you if you have:
- Strong purchasing / strategic sourcing background with proven successes in developing and implementing purchasing plans. Experience with electronics and passive components is a plus.
- Self driven / motivated individual
- Project management experience leading cross functional project teams
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Supply Chain or Business from a top University with 8+ years of progressive experience
- Experience in a stakeholder service role such as category management, sales or supply chain
- Relevant work experience related to procurement and business operations, supply chain, synergy analysis, cost assessments and/or operational restructuring
- Superior negotiating skills and experience in working in a strategic environment
- Experience performing complex analysis assignments with a strong financial analysis capability
- Strong leadership skills: collaboration, communication, influence, drive for results, effective planning / prioritization, project management
- Experience in other indirect categories a plus along with ability to progress in other Purchasing leadership roles
- Strong verbal / presentation and written communications skills working in a complex organization
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Primary Location: MX-Baja California Norte-Tijuana
Unposting Date: Oct 19, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003R0R