Continental Corporation Plant Purchaser(*) in Silao-Las Colinas, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Auto req ID 55765BR
Job Title Plant Purchaser(*)
Posting Location Silao-Las Colinas
Executes applicable Corporate, Business Unit and local procedures with a focus on achieving the commercial targets set for direct material components under the area of assigned responsibility.
▪ Gathers the technical drawings and specifications for direct material components included in new projects Bill of Materials (BOMs).
▪ Elaborates Request for Quotations (RFQs) for potential suppliers, including the necessary project details and milestones.
▪ Analizes quotations, delivery timings, supplier capacity and associated supplier quality / logistic performance to provide a sourcing recommendation for the parts assigned under her / his responsibility.
▪ Presents sourcing recommendation file to key functional areas and requests authorization to proceed with award (Quality, Logistics, Program Manager and Category Team).
▪ Shares information with Category Buyer to complete the required sourcing documentation.
- Aligns Category Buyer strategy to the RFQ and sourcing process to comply with the applicable direction for each of the materials assigned under responsibility.
▪ Coordinates communication between the supplier and the New Project Lauch Team at the plant to confirm material availability at project start up.
▪ Monitors supplier´s part quality and delivery time performance according to the information reviewed in the RFQ.
• Notifies the supplier about Engineering Changes prior to Start of Regular Production. Responsible to submit technical drawings and technical specifications to the supplier accordingly.
• Provides the necessary commercial / supplier information required by the quality system in the site.
• To fulfill the requirements for the implementation and maintenance of the quality system.
Engineering or Business Degree (Preferred).
Commercial / Business Area Degree.
2 - 3 years experience in a commercial position (preferred to be automotive industry related).
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.