Eaton Corporation SAP-ECR Leader in Santa Rosa Jauregui, Mexico
• Compile, review, prepare and control engineering department technical informational material for existing products in SAP, which include changes in Material Master records, drawings, list of materials (BOM) and technical specifications.
• Assigns and manages SAP workflow related to the completion of changes in SAP.
• Notify all related teams for any change on materials, documents, BOMs and drawings.
• Keep direct communication with Design and Drafting Department in Pewaukee for any engineering process related issues.
• Consults with Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Purchasing and other departments as necessary, regarding existing product engineering issues.
• Provide support to design engineering team in all product related information.
• Develop procedures and tools to improve the business and processes based on knowledge in SAP and design software such as Inventor, AutoCAD and Pro Engineer.
• Supervise direct personnel.
• Participate in department ISO 9000 certification activities and oversees audits to ISO 9000 procedures and work instructions representing the design engineering department as well as in customer Audits as requested.
• Travel to PSD/PRD facilities for training in material/product information control, as required. Properly represents the Company when traveling.
• Participate in the identification of risks to avoid incident and injuries (I Choose Zero)
• Follows EBS Values and Philosophy.
• Performs additional duties and tasks not specifically defined in this job description, as requested.
Qualifications• Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering discipline is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 year of professional experience in engineering (product support). Knowledge of electric power distribution products is a plus.
• Proficiency in engineering modules using SAP is required (Data-entry and maintenance of materials, BOMs, documents and drawings in SAP).
• Ability to guide best design practices and design robustness.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office family of products for analyses and reporting.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral communication.
• Ability to use CAD programs (Auto desk –Inventor, Pro Engineer).
• Knowledge on GD&T application is needed.
• Good Verbal and written communication in English.
• Ability to supervise people.
• Sets aggressive targets, accepts consequences of actions, and holds others accountable
• Operates with a “one company” mindset and interacts effectively with associates above, below and across the organization to achieve results
• Delivers commitments, producing work of the highest quality in a timely and effective manner
• Plans and executes work that is accurate, complete and reliable
• Builds consensus and shares credit, working cooperatively and effectively with customers, suppliers and co-workers at all levels to achieve mutual objectives
• Deciphers data and complex issues into clear, straightforward business strategies, using logic, experience, and judgment
• Energizes and motivates all levels of the team or project members
• Acts in an ethical and truthful manner, leading by example and earning the respect and trust of co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders
• Willing to learn and apply technical knowledge supporting product assemblies and new product designs.
• Meets the expectations and requirements of all customers by making customer needs a primary focus
• Deals respectively and fairly but decisively with difficult circumstances
• Understands priorities and balances short-term and long-term requirements
• Communicates openly and honestly in a clear and concise manner on an ongoing basis
• Modifies plans to meet changed circumstances by being flexible and adaptive
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only