Continental Corporation Advanced Logistics & Ext. Processes in San Luis Potosi, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 73193BR
Job Title Advanced Logistics & Ext. Processes
Posting Location San Luis Potosi
- Driving Improvement Projects / Full Responsability
Identify and define efficient, robust and flexible Supply Chains with consideration of total cost approach and Lean methods by promotion of new processes, tools, solutions and strategies
▪ Development of new processes and tool for state of the art supply chains (e.g. Transport concepts / Forwarder management)
▪ Challenging existing solutions, processes, technology strategies with novel ideas
▪ Improve existing or new tools/processes by application of own expertise
- Operational; KPI / Assess plant performance of "source" and "deliver" processes / Full Responsibility
▪ Track/Support achievement of plant and business units KPIs and budget targets.
▪ Responsibility and supervision of Logistic performance data and business processes.
A: measuring actual supplier performance against internal and/or external standards, providing feedback to achieve and maintain the required performance to meet the customers’ business and/or competitive needs.
B: monitoring the performance of the delivery of product to a customer)
▪ Implementation of KPI methodology and Scorecard in the plant (incl. regular tracking and deviation analysis for relevant KPI's like log cost, TR, supplier performance, PSM rate etc)
▪ Perform regular KPI Reviews with plant logistics, operations and controlling in the plant.
- Manage "Source" and "Deliver" related Procedures, guidelines and policies / Full Responsability
Develop and maintain SC related processes and respective documentation on e.g.:
▪ supplier selection and negotiation processes
▪ fulfillment and delivery performance and definition for specific levels of collaboration and partnership.
- Monthly Reporting / Full Responsability
▪ Provide Monthend Reporting with explanation of deviations ontime for logistics manager/ BU in the plant. In case of deviations initiate immediately corrective actions.
▪ Provide during the month relevant informations to BU's and CEP according key principle "No surprises" at month end. (RAW, WIP, FG inventories, RVO reporting )
▪ Create regular forecasts, explain deviations vs. budget and previous forecast according key principle "No Surprises".
- Manage Supplier Agreements / Full Responsibility
The management of existing purchase orders or supplier contracts. This includes invreasign the PSM rate, resolving issues, enforcing terms and conditions and maintaining an accurate status for existing Supplier Agreements
▪ GQA General Quality Agreements
▪ Manage local Consignment contracts
▪ Logistics & Supplier Agreements
- Other / Shared Responsibility
▪ consults Plant / FF Logistics management in all questions of design of Supply Chains
▪ challenges management decisions, when appropriate
▪ Develop and implement action plans to meet the operational targets, strategic goals and optimal supply chain requirements.
▪ Ensure measure implementation and tracking on plant / BU level (CEP Locations: Net impact tool)
▪ Support to perform continuous physical inventory control and annual stock taking process
▪ Support in material shortage & allocation management processes
▪ Support/supervise the make or buy/ costbenefit calculation for the investment of the plant and prpeare for decision making for plant management.
▪ Support logistic budget process for total plant incl feasibility check of the budget and perform regular budget review meetings with all relevant parties.
▪ Support to provide logistics costs for customer quotation
Contact Name Blanca Camacho
Contact Email email@example.com
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.