BorgWarner Inc. Supplier Quality Engineer in San Luis Potosí, Mexico
BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance. Our facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for our diverse customer base.
We operate in two groups: The Engine Group develops air management strategies and products to optimize engines for fuel efficiency, reduced emissions and enhanced performance. BorgWarner’s expertise includes engine timing systems, boosting systems, ignition systems, air and noise management, cooling and controls. The Drivetrain Group harnesses a legacy of more than 100 years as an industry innovator in transmission and all-wheel drive technology. The group leverages this understanding of powertrain clutching technology to develop interactive control systems and strategies for all types of torque management.
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as a Supplier Quality Engineer at our SLP Plant in Mexico.
In this role, and under direct supervision of the Quality Manager, the Supplier Quality Engineer will be primarily responsible for ensuring that component parts and products are consistently manufactured in total compliance to specified requirements. Applies knowledge and strong understanding of product and process engineering. Leads supplier operations improvement designed to yield reductions in lead time, inventory, PPM / total cost and manufacturing system.
• Definition and monitoring of corrective and preventive actions to reduce suppliers rejections.
• Establishment of SPL programs with suppliers and follow-up of SQA.
• Perform Supplier on-site assessments and assistance visits to improve Supplier performance and achieve the corporation’s objectives in the areas of Quality, Cost and Responsiveness. These activities include Control Plan Audits, Product Audits, Problem Solving Activities for issues found in the BW plant and at customers site related to supplier mfg issues.
• Participation in approval and verification of PPAP on-site providers.
• Review supplier design with components to ensure they meet specified tolerances.
• On-site verification of GP9 & GP12.
• For the administration of the suppliers development system.
• To visit suppliers for PPAP approvals.
• Application of quality statistical tools.
• Evaluate vendor machinery and equipment to determine repair & replacement needs.
• Development of plans for lines specifications & capabilities as required. Check that the specifications of the components are in accordance with the drawings.
• Engineering bachelor’s degree or related career
• A least 3 years in similar position in the automotive industry. Experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer or Quality Engineer or Mfg Engineer with extensive quality related experience
• Quality (ISO/TS) and environmental systems (ISO 14001)
• VDA 6.1 (desirable)
• Manufacturing process
• Suppliers Quality Systems Management
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Organization and planning skills, outlining of project timelines and deliverables.
• Capability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Problem-solving skills
• Core tools knowledge and application
• Project management skills
• Technical skills in accordance to the commodities / product family in charge.
• Advanced English.
Focus on Results.
Functional Technical Skills.
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner SLP Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Mexico-San Luis Potosí-SLP-Parque Industrial Tres Naciones
Requisition ID: 1701450