BorgWarner Inc. Financial Analyst, Senior II in San Luis Potosí, Mexico
BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance. Our facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for our diverse customer base.
We operate in two groups: The Engine Group develops air management strategies and products to optimize engines for fuel efficiency, reduced emissions and enhanced performance. BorgWarner’s expertise includes engine timing systems, boosting systems, ignition systems, air and noise management, cooling and controls. The Drivetrain Group harnesses a legacy of more than 100 years as an industry innovator in transmission and all-wheel drive technology. The group leverages this understanding of powertrain clutching technology to develop interactive control systems and strategies for all types of torque management.
BorgWarner PowerDriveSystems is currently looking for “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as a Financial Analyst, Senior II at our SLP Plant in Mexico. In this role, and under direct supervision of the Controller, the Financial Analyst Senior II will be primarily responsible for thefairly complex and interpretive financial analyses. Provides periodic reports and special studies for management. May be responsible for unit’s annual budget process, expense/service fee/staff forecasts, or statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis.
• Conducts special economic studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
• Reviews revenue recognition and prepares billing schedules.
• Analyzes financial plans and potential investments and evaluates their impact on unit objectives.
• Ensures integrity of revenue by reviewing proper booking and de-booking of orders.
• Tracks monthly deferral and revenue entities.
• Assists with the quarter-end process and prepare reserve and deferred revenue schedules
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting / finance or related discipline.
• CPA or CMA a plus.
• 8 plus years of experience with increasing responsibility.
Functional / Technical Skills
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner SLP Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Title: Financial Analyst, Senior II
Location: Mexico-San Luis Potosí-SLP-Parque Industrial Tres Naciones
Requisition ID: 1603198