Fairmont Group Sales Manager (Position based in Mexico City) in Riviera Maya, Mexico
Group Sales Manager (Position based in Mexico City)
Fairmont Mayakoba is seeking a service-oriented and highly motivated sales professional with strong organizational skills and Hotel Sales experience, to join our Sales Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Mexico market for Group business, prioritizing their resources to maximize business from key accounts, key prospects and other active accounts.
Hotel Overview: Consistently ranked among the best hotels in the world, Fairmont Mayakoba offers the ultimate luxury experience in harmony with nature complemented with the warmth of the Mexican hospitality. Work at the AAA Five Diamond resort which strategic location in the Riviera Maya amid a forest canopy and the Caribbean blue, offers a cosmopolitan work environment welcoming guests from prominent destinations around the world including New York, London, Paris and Moscow.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To secure and maintain accounts within the Mexico group market segments as assigned.
- Solicit new and existing accounts through outside sales calls, telephone solicitation, site inspections, FAMs and written communication.
- Exceed monthly activity goals in each of the following categories: personal sales calls, entertainment, and prospecting and site inspections.
- Identifying and executing key action steps each quarter to achieve booking goals
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales to set the strategic direction for the Group market in terms of marketing, partnerships, maximizing revenue potential, market intelligence, competitive pricing and product reviews within the competitive set.
- Utilization of Opera sales system in compliance with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts standards
- Ability to think strategically and maximize revenue potential over need periods
- Following up on leads in a timely and professional manner by telephone and by written correspondence
- Fully qualifying each account to understand the full potential of the relationship
- Work with on-property team to manage all assigned account related site visits, FAMs, on-site entertainment.
- Managing office, travel and entertainment budget without exceeding the approved budget amount.
- Travel to attend trade shows, events, industry meetings and conduct sales calls including the preparation of events, invitation of clients and facilitating of events.
- Learning the strengths and weaknesses of our top competitors so as to be able to sell against them
- Attending all required meetings (weekly sales, leisure and revenue management meetings).
- Adhering to all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts sales standards
- Participation in Fairmont training programs and achieving shop scores of 90% or more
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintaining positive relations with all Guests, Vendors, Colleagues and Global Sales Offices while portraying a professional Fairmont image at all times
- Previous experience as a Group Sales Manager (is required)
- Bachelors degree and/or Hotel Management degree, and a minimum five years experience in the Mexico Group market in Hotel Resort Sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish (is required)
- Flexible, result-oriented, decision-maker, positive, ability to handle multiple tasks, self-motivated, strong initiative
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours and days
- Strong computer literacy, especially with Opera S&C;, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
- Proven ability to create partnerships within industry and community
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Mexico.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Mexico-Riviera Maya-Fairmont Mayakoba
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Closing Date: 26.Dec.2016, 12:59:00 AM
Req ID: MYK02642