Corning Jr. Manufacturing Engineer in Reynosa, Mexico
Scope of position:
The manufacturing engineer provide day-to-day support to production and ensures that the manufacturing lines are configured to produce products in an optimal fashion.
- Provides day-to-day problem solving support to production, quality, and technology
- Trains trainers and technicians on new equipment and processes
- Troubleshoots material, processes, and equipment issues.
- Implements and documents through change management any material, process and/or equipment changes
- Uses tools for problem solving such as 5 whys, ishiwaka, etc
- Ensure equipment and processes comply with safety and environmental regulations
- Performs capability study for processes and products
- Analyzes and reports product line yield, scrap, and OEE/OLE (where applicable)
- Perform/verify time studies and update labor routings and BOM as required
- Participate or lead product line improvement projects using standardized methodologies
- Core team meeting member
- Variable configurator manufacturing representative (where applicable)
- Contribute and participate in Internal and External Audits in department, as well as being responsible for the good results of such. Some examples of Audits are: ISO, TL, 5's, Safety, Sarbox, among others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field
- 1-2 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic business/manufacturing environment
- Good presentation skills