Eaton Corporation Senior Quality Technician - Machining Manufacturing Process in Queretaro, Mexico
In charge of executing the Process Quality activities in the Manufacturing cells assigned. Perform PPAP for Customer Approvals as requested according to EQS requirements.
· Execute action plans aimed to prevent and resolve customer and quality issues.
· Support Customer response through 8D report, control and track committed actions before 90 days.
· Perform Quality Process Audits on cell in charge and upload them to Quality system site.
· Part of team member to validate and approve new tools/fixtures; (GR&R) run CPK statistical study.
· Participate on corrective and preventive actions to avoid re -incidence
· Control of non-conforming product, identification, segregation and disposition
· Ensure correct identification of material status (all processes)
· Follow up quality records assigned, legible, accessible, updated
· Validate and ensure 5s follow up at production areas
· Validate first piece and process release
· Stop production when is a potential quality issue to costumer or generate scrap.
· Train people, operators on process quality system (documents applicable)
· Promote quality culture
· Communicate daily quality defects and corrective actions implemented. (Chart)
· Accurately compile statistical data
· Construct charts and graphs using Microsoft Excel
· Perform process capability analyses using Minitab software
· Prepare reports on testing results
· Define problems and report all issues with material to management for analysis and disposition
QualificationsUndergraduate degree required in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
• 2 years’ experience in similar position
• Fluent in English (Written/Spoken)
• Knowledgeable in PPAP requirements (Training is a must)
• Knowledge in MS Office, mainly Excel & Power point
• Interpretation of Plans
• GD & T
• Use and care of measuring instruments
• Problem solving tools (5 Why's, Ishikawa, etc ...)
• Visual inspection by defects
• Basic Minitab management.
• The Gage R & R
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No