GE Product Services Controls Engineer in Queretaro, Mexico
Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Product Services Controls Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
The Product Services Controls Engineer will be responsible for the regional engineering software support to contractual and non-contractual GE heavy duty gas turbines installed or being installed in the Latin America region.
The Product Services Controls Engineer is required to support technical issues to site specific inquiries via the PAC (ServiceNow system), additionally he/she will support the outage excellence process, providing engineering disposition to several engineering documents.
The Product Services Controls Engineer provides support during forced outages to get the unit back to normal operation as soon as possible, The product service engineer position has a high level of interaction with customers, helping them to plan equipment maintenance and also to provide technical explanations of software/controls root cause investigations, reliability, availability and maintainability customer concerns.
The successful candidate will utilize their problem-solving, technical and interpersonal skills to:
• Strives to provide a quality (accurate & complete) and resolves cases in short cycle time (based on the priorities as requested) entered by PGS using PAC ServiceNow platform for controls technology
• Communicate with other global engineering groups, the regional PS teams and other GE Power Service groups.
• Support regional Root Cause Investigations and Root Cause Analysis, from site assessment after a forced outage event, laboratory and engineering investigation and customer final engineering report and conclusions.
• Support customer meetings, Users conferences, GE&Industry conferences.
• Seek out reliability and availability fleet improvements based on fleet controls experience.
• Assist in the training of GE and non-GE personnel in Gas Turbine technology in the office, at seminars, at site visits and other miscellaneous meetings.
• Clear understanding of Gas/Steam Turbine operation to identify customer improvement opportunities.
• Support site installations with occasional travel to customer sites 70% Office 30% Travel to customer site.
• Support Field Engineering and personnel at site to resolve technical issues.
• Lead the solution of complex technical problems.
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Conduct assessments and develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
• Interface with external organizations and supporting functions, and direct/coordinate the efforts of project team members in order to accomplish overall goals.
• Support team's technical proficiency and growth.
• BS degree plus 8 years of experience or Master’s degree plus 6 years of experience or PhD degree plus 4 years of experience.
• Minimum 6 years of professional experience on Generator's relevant for the function.
• BSc on Science in Engineering, Electrical, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Mechatronics or any other engineering area relevant for the function.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Must be able to maintain a normal day-to-day fluid conversation on any topic with few mistakes (mistakes that will not affect getting the message through). Must have fluency and rhythm and sufficient self-confidence in the language to be able to handle meetings and conversations.
• Presentation Skills: ability to communicate with Senior Leadership
• Six Sigma Green Belt or ideally Black Belt certified (GE employees only).
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions
• Legal right to work in Mexico, Panama, or Argentina.
• Solve quality and multiple issues.
• Lead by applying science, engineering theory and processes.
• Proactively serve in cross functional leadership teams to achieve business goals.
• Proven successful experience as a technical mentor for the business.
• Proven experience conducting Root Cause Analyses (RCA) with aid of 8D methodology.
• Be recognized as an expert in the technical field of power generators.
• Gas/Steam Turbine controls knowledge/experience
• GE Controls Mark V, VI, VIe Platform & tools experience
• Cimplicity based HMI experience
• Industrial control experience with ladder logic applications
• Knowledge of network protocols
• Passion for continuous learning and applying best practices to achieve practical solutions
• Experience providing field support as troubleshooting and software upgrades.
• Understanding of Heavy duty Packages functionality.
• Availability to travel 70% Office 30% Field support