Eaton Corporation Metrology Technician in Queretaro, Mexico
Responsible of Part-programing / measuring for all APQP phases required (i.e. Run off, FPR, Inspection plan, problem
solving), using CMM and equipment in metrology laboratory and measuring equipment at Queretaro Plant; As well as the
execution and control of performing for external / internal calibration systems, records, identification, visual aids, methods,
handbook, dimensional reports, MSA-tests and training for personnel involved for all measuring systems and gages used
for the operation, caring safety and ergonomics. This position is responsible to perform and maintenance of 5S’s at
Laboratory and it’s promotion and audit at inspection cells of production areas.
- Programing and measuring of all instruments and/or measuring equipment located at metrology laboratory and
- Perform dimensional reports, full layout and validations according PPAP’s phases and quality requirements,
developing all technical documentation required according Eaton or/and customer standards.
- Perform first part release, monitoring and special measurements for experiments, analysis, problem solving, safe
- Perform timely calibration of all instruments and/or measuring equipment that is used in Laboratory and production
areas with conformance to standards as well of maintaining traceability for documentation. Assure maintenance,
adjustments and verification according MSA-standards for all “magnitudes” needed at Queretaro Plant (i.e. dimensional
“length”, pressure, force, torque, temperature, etc.).
- Provide support for basic training for personnel involved for correct use of gages, instruments and/or measuring
equipment according requirements of operation of Queretaro Plant.
- Create, perform and train measuring methods, work instructions, visual aids for all instruments and/or measuring
equipment assuring 5S’s standards.
- Perform quality audits, 5S’s audits, check list audits to assure good maintenance and use of inspection and
equipment for operation and promote continual improvement.
- Assure control IN/OUT of all instruments needed of quality warehouseQualificationsMetrology technician or TSU: Mechanical or similar/compatible knowledge based on proven experience.
3 years’ experience as Metrology Technician ( programming measuring ) for CMM’s Zeiss
Experience and knowledge for measuring and inspection instruments ( i.e. roughness / profile tester, optical comparator,
laser micrometer, manual instruments, Marposs and Hommel optical tester) and performing of calibration methods.
CMM Zeiss Programing & Measuring operator
Calibration process knowledge based on MSA standards.
GD&T experience and knowledge.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No