General Electric Looking for candidates Steam Turbine- Fleet Management in Queretaro, Mexico
Customer Engineering is a component of Power Generation Services Engineering team and has more than 500 engineers supporting the current installation, operation and maintenance of Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators as well as Turbine Control and Accessory systems. Our Engineers support all turbines related equipment from the time the equipment is installed until it is decommissioned. Our team of experienced engineers are focal points for solution development for our customers, responsible for upholding GE's product integrity by proactively identifying customer requirements, investigating upgrade options and providing technical proposals at both component and systems levels. The Customer Engineering team currently has personnel based in various locations throughout the Latin America region supporting GE Heavy Duty units.
The Steam Turbine Fleet Support Engineer work with Commercial Teams, Field Execution Team, Customers and Design CoE in order to provide technical support to our installation personnel, troubleshooting, identify root cause of issues for Steam Turbines being installed or installed fleet, connect to other engineering teams in order to address modifications and upgrades. The Engineer has functional responsibility for engineering work with latitude for independent action as function of experience.
• Conduct evaluations on Steam Turbine technology for simple and Combined Cycle power plants.
• Perform thorough review of all unit performance design and loading history to ensure ST change fits the operational criteria
• Review customer concerns through different GE systems and ensure technical response is aligned to expectations and clarify when there are differences.
• Coordinate with customers, regional leaders, Sales, other engineering groups and/or field personnel to ensure proposed solutions are appropriate to the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established engineering course of action.
• Executes the analysis or evaluation of assigned technical issues using sound engineering principles and adheres to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Provides timely communications on significant issues or developments.
• Travel to customer locations in support to commercial teams or resolution of field issues (Up to 25% of time)
• Promote and contribute to business programs or initiatives (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.)
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Participates in and/or Leads cross functional teams of engineers to achieve project objectives.
• Conducts and/or leads system level/fleet wide activities especially in the area of steam turbine issues.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering.
• BSc on Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Energy, Mechatronics or any other engineering area relevant for the function.
• Minimum 8 years of professional experience on Steam Turbine relevant for the function
• Minimum 4 years of professional experience on GE Steam Turbine Technology
• Proficiency on presentations and communication to customers.
• Experience on Steam Turbine troubleshooting, HRSG operational principles, and/or BOP of a Power Plant in simple or combined cycle
• Sc/Engineering Master’s degree relevant for the functions
• Relevant experience on field related to Steam Turbine operation, I&C and Maintenance.
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.