GE Experienced Flight Management Software Engineer in Queretaro, Mexico
Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
At GE Aviation Systems in the Navigation and Guidance Team we are re-designing the sky. We create the Flight Management System (FMS) which is a specialized embedded system that automates the entire flight of an aircraft with minimal human intervention using cutting-edge technology. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
Posted Position Title
Experienced Flight Management Software Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
Perform all activities found in the Software Lifecycle for a Flight Management System following an Agile methodology while leading a multicultural team.
• Lead the Design, code and test FMS Software Components.
• Review Software Artifacts performed by other team members and provide guidance.
• Accountable for project management and oversight of projects execution.
• Lead the team into project execution by providing trainings as well as technical and administrative guidance on standards, procedures and policies.
• Lead and provide solutions to Software issues in a simulation environment.
• Computer Science, Mechatronics, Programming or Informatics Engineering Degree.
• At least 6 years of experience working on Software development (either in C, C++, Java or Ada).
• Maintain advanced technical conversations in English, either verbally or written.
• Create optimal algorithms to solve logical and mathematical problems.
• Lead and deliver results for the different processes of the Software Lifecycle without guidance.
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Experience with complete lifecycle for software product.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proficiency in the design and interpretation of UML diagrams.
• Proficiency on communication protocols.