BRP US Inc Engines Manufacturing FPL in Queretaro, Mexico
As a member of the NPD team, your role is to be the communication channel between NPD team and manufacturing site, being the whole manufacturing site representative reporting directly to the manufacturing site production manager and taking care of both sites concerns (R&D; and Manufactory).
The manufacturing FPL must influence both teams in order to find the best solution for manufacturing feasibility achieving always the project goals (Main KPI’s). Your role is also coordinating activities between both BRP Sites (R&D; Site and Manufacturing site) in order to deliver all the requirements for the success of the new platforms implementation.
The above activities includes (but not limited to): Working with different groups such as, planning, procurement, internal logistics, packaging, receiving, industrial engineering, quality, production, machining, supply chain and R&D.; (Both Sites)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible of NPD Process (Manufacturing Site Deliveries)
- Create a strong relationship between manufacturing site and project management team.
- Ensure all the manufacturing sites requirements are posted and well informed to the project management team.
- Align manufacturing deliveries with ISO Standards
- Project budget management. (Manufacturing)
- Determine tooling/tools required to perform operations
- Design tools/fixtures as required.
- Procure tooling for new projects
- Equipment purchasing process (GK Site)
- Responsible to keep informed both sites. (Project changes are incoming activities)
- Reports directly to Production Manager (Queretaro Site)
- First point of contact for manufacturing site with technical problems and project milestones.
- Coordinate activities between manufacturing site and R&D; Team
- Creating reports for the PDR Meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial
- Experience in Quality Control techniques, ISO 9000 or ISO TS 16949
- Experience on assembly lines, strong technical background on Automotive Industry
- Experience on 4 stroke engines technologies
- Proficient on Six Sigma and with high problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PFMEA, DOE, QFD, PPAP, GD&T;
- Desired: CPK, PPK, CP, GR&R; development, SAP and CATIA
- Knowledge on measurement equipment
- Knowledge of torque tools, and torque audit devices.
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Experience in manufacturing and assy processes
- Knowledge of quality tools
- Fluent on English written or verbal
- Spanish and German are a plus
Additional qualifications and personality:
- Willing to travel often (international)
- Knowledge in Microsoft Software and SAP (a plus).
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and TS 16949 Standards (a plus).
- Strong analytical thinking and focused on problem solving.
- Strong drive and motivation.
- Team player
- Ability to handle stress situations
- Very high technical skills
- Very high communication skills
Global Location: Mexico, Queretaro
# of openings: 1