GE Design Engineer with experience in Pumps in Queretaro, Mexico
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Design Engineer with experience in Pumps
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
This position has the responsibility for leading the design and continued development of the Progressing Cavity Pumps primary mechanical components as well as insuring all mechanical interface requirements are defined and met. Experience designing/operating large surface systems is valuable as well as experience on Downhole technology.
• Candidate is responsible for design and support of Progressing Cavity Pumps in the Artificial Lift business, specifically the Downhole technology.
• Candidate will design or supervise the design of engineering models using Solid works/ProE, develop Bills of Material, document design efforts according to internal design practices and standards, conduct testing and create written reports detailing results.
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers. Share information and promote open dialogue. Document work through technical reports, records and letters.
• Candidate should apply mechanical stress analysis (FEA) to evaluate/justify design in accordance to industry standards.
• Candidate will have sufficient relevant experience to plan and execute the design of high performance Downhole technology products - interfacing with customers to determine design requirements, performing required design, mechanical analysis and verification tasks - without significant training.
• Candidate will be responsible for interfacing with and supporting manufacturing during the fabrication, assembly, and testing phases of product delivery.
• Candidate should have project management skills & abilities to coordinate junior peers.
• Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new and experienced engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops.
• High capacity of analysis, synthesis & decisions making.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 6 year’s relevant experience in the industry or Master’s degree in related field plus 4 years of experience in related field or PhD degree in related field plus 2 years of experience.
• English level for fluent communication.
Product knowledge of Progressing Cavity pumps, ESP and Surface equipment/system in general
• Familiarity with pumps.
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
• Experience performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
• Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, ProE & Solid Works
• Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO, etc.)
• Understands general material types, coating types, manufacturing techniques, and NDE
• Ability to work in a team environment on short and long term projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills
• Green Belt Certified