GE Customer Drawings Engineer - Accessories in Queretaro, Mexico
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Customer Drawings Engineer - Accessories
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
The System Design & Accessories team is a global team focused on engineering design, execution and fulfillment of Gas Turbine and Generator auxiliaries like Air Inlet systems, Fuel Gas systems, Oil systems, Generator cooling systems, etc. The Customer Drawing Engineer will lead the development and execution of critical customer deliverables on new unit Gas Turbine projects. In this role you will ensure successful execution of SDA Customer Drawing deliverables.
•Lead GTA team in on-time execution of contractual required deliverables (Customer Drawings) focused on Load List, Instrument List, Valve List, Mechanical List and P&IDs.
•Clearly and accurately define the equipment scope and instrumentation required to the customer such that they may begin the plant design necessary to meet project commitments.
•Provide Engineering support to the Customer, Customer Engineering, Applications Engineering, Project Management, Global Resources, Sourcing, Manufacturing, and other Engineering teams as required.
•Identify and drive Customer Drawing focused initiatives to improve quality, cycle, and content.
•Drive quality culture and processes to improve responsiveness to customer.
•Drive standardization efforts of Customer Drawing predecessors to ensure consistent, high quality input.
•Implement lean processes focused on Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, and Generator customer drawing deliverables.
• BS degree in related field plus 6 years of experience in related field or Master’s degree in related field plus 4 years of experience in related field or PhD degree in related field plus 2 years of experience .
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Must be able to maintain a simple conversation. For more information consult HR English Evaluations document
• Presentation Skills: ability to communicate with Senior Leadership.
• Green Belt certification within 1 year of hire date / Green Belt certified.
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions.
• Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience.
• Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives.
• Experience working with International Building Codes like IBC, UBC, CFE, CIRSOC, etc.
• Experience developing site specific Load Tables according to the applicable Building Code, mainly for projects in Latin America.