Xerox Payroll Specialist in Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations manage their business processes and information. Since the invention of xerography just over 75 years ago, we have continued engineering how the world works by applying our experience in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and human centric design to make a real difference for our customers and their customers. We have changed the way the world shops, learns, parks, does banking, receives healthcare and, of course – works.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox has more than 140,000 employees and does business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the efficient running and administration of the organization’s payroll and expense accounts. Includes implementing and checking payroll and taxation changes on an on-going basis.
• Processes one or more of the following: new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, time sheet data, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays. May act as a subject matter expert for operational, day to day escalations.
• Senior level job with considerable work experience
• Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training
• Completes a variety of atypical assignments
• May solve problems of a recurring nature, but takes a broad perspective to problems and may identify new, less obvious solutions
• Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
• Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
• May lead a team in the performance of a variety of tasks that are generally routine
• May have specialized external certification (technical roles)
• Performs one or more of the following:
• Calculates and enters payroll data into payroll database/system
• Compiles data for analysis and reporting
• Prepares periodic, standardized reports
• Generates and distributes checks
• Researches and responds to complex and sensitive payroll questions and inquiries
• May serve as a focal point for guidance on more complex procesese or escalations
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent
Minimum Demonstrates financial awareness, with a high degree of numeracy and interest in finance.
Minimum Knowledge of basic accounting and finance practices
Minimum Proven ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks to ensure timely completion of all activities
Minimum Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability
Minimum Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically within an environment of changing priorities
Minimum Excellent organisation and time management skills.
Minimum Previous experience of handling customer queries face to face or telephone
Minimum Experience using computer applications used in performance of role
Minimum Excellent systems literacy knowledge – MS Office, Excel, Word, Internet, Web Conferencing
Minimum Able to demonstrate effective and successful contributions to team and/or cross-functional team objectives
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Organization: HRS Capability-X000003001
Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: MX-Nuevo Leon-Monterrey
Requisition ID: 16027722