Continental Corporation Packaging Engineer in Nogales, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 220,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.3 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 73710BR
Job Title Packaging Engineer
Posting Location Nogales
Development Process for process, and raw material /Continental Nogales Packaging. Implement pack improvement project for Supplier Packaging. Support Nogales on all need related to technical aspect related to packaging requeriments.This position is to interact with a multifuctional team (Sales Project Managers Manufacturing Team Leaders NPL Log, SQM, Quality) to ensure all packagin needs are covered
.Participate on the process evaluate and stablish new criterials for raw materials and packaging used in our process.
▪ Define packaging concept, and process line guides for our vendors.
▪ Obtain approval from the project or internal team on the packaging concept request. To create technical specifications based on continental Standards
▪ Provide specifications to our purchasing organization to initiate quote process with approved vendors
▪ Support purchasing creating RFQ format
▪ Evaluate initial samples from vendors and supplies.
▪ Approve samples to vendors/ supplies based on technical evaluation. Request PN to al new packaging material in Nogales MRP system (SAP/DP1) RPM
▪ Upload and release all technical documentation in Continentals engineering system
▪ Perform evaluation of all new packaging and meets application requirements.
▪ Store all evaluation results on a common location on Nogales Share point.
ISTA, TAPPI, ASTM, DIN, VDA Certification in each of this categories. (Technician, Technologist, Professional).(ISTA = International Safe Transit Association),(TAPPI = Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry).
Experience on Automotive Industry / 3 years of packaging experiance / Corrugade Cardboard, Labels, Foam, Termoformed, papers,printing process, packaging Test. ESD packagint Test.
What we offer .
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.