Honeywell Sr. Buyer in Monterrey, Mexico
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
Sr Buyer 1. Source the vendor for assigned parts and negotiate price and terms per Honeywell Global Sourcing guidelines when needed 2. Obtain Quotes from Suppliers for Procurement of Materials 3. New suppliers needs to be added in the system with the approval from the Sourcing Management 4. Process Purchase Requisitions for Direct materials in Oracle & SAP/Other ERPs systems. Maintain 100% accuracy on PO Price, Payment Terms, and Need Date 5. Ensure PO's are issued in compliance with all Sourcing policies & procedures as per the business. 6. Follow up with the suppliers to get timely confirmations & validate them 7. Expediting factory shortage and make sure high performance of supplier On Time Delivery (OTD), On Time To Request, and On Time To Re-Committed (OTTR’d) 8. Push outs to be successfully actioned to maintain a minimum level of Inventory. 9. Understanding of the Preferred source of supply & the materials Procured 10.Invoice Hold issues are resolved timely to make sure no material hold 11.Provide the payment status to suppliers when requested 12.Any Ad hoc requests in order to resolve invoice, payment , PO & Vendor related issues 13.Manage PO PPV and drive vendor year-to-year productivity. Follow the PIA process for any price increase 14.Collaborate with site receiving team to resolve on - dock issues 15.Manage the Return order process & credit recovery for the assigned materials. 16. Drive the assigned HOS element within the team & individually comply with all HOS requirements. 17. Identify opportunities at individual Purchase Order level to negotiate with the suppliers for achieving Price Savings, Cost Avoidance & Working Capital improvements. 18.Support PO Automation and other automation initiatives as per the directions from Sr. Buyer/Commodity Managers/Matrix Manger/Sourcing Manager 19.Identify & Support eAuction by conducing E-Auctions at individual PO level 20.Work closely with business/GPS and contribute to achieve their goals & initiatives 21.Drive WALT,LT Reduction & Localization Projects for the assigned materials/suppliers with a guidance 22.Analyze the Individual weekly OTTR,OTD,OTTRd Metrics misses & come up with the appropriate long term corrective action 23.Identify opportunities for Supplier consolidations.
- A Bachelors degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement and materials planning
- The candidate must have prior experience in Direct Procurement, MRP planning & and Inventory control
- The candidate must have good knowledge in MS Office. And demonstrate proficiency on excel
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with all levels of employees and management as the candidate will be required to lias with supplier counterparts in US, EMEA & APAC regions.
- The candidate should have experience in handling multiple ERP's (SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Exposure to Lean, Six sigma & Project Management is also desirable. But not must.
- Knowledge on E-Sourcing/Auction is preferable.
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in challenging environment
Title: Sr. Buyer
Requisition ID: 00335379