Amazon.com Delivery Station Manager - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon - Mexico in Monterrey, Mexico
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking Shift Manager with the chance to be based in on of this location: Monterrey. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements for deliveries during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
Partner with other Shift Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and DSPs.
Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools.
You will be part of the Amazon Logistics Team, responsible of the day to day management of Bajio's delivery station (DBJ1), overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers.
Leading a team of Process Assistants and Delivery Service Providers in daily management of the delivery station, including meetings, training sessions, assigning job duties, and communicating with DSPs including management representatives and their drivers.
You are responsible for ensuring that you have a safe work place, properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed……innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
Additional Job Elements:
· Help in daily operations: Receive, scan, lift and move shipments up to 25 kgs. each
· Route shipments within the AMZL coverage area.
· Support and assign job duties to process assistants.
· Due to the nature of Amazon’s business, being able to adapt to sudden changes and growth according to operational necessities.
· Track & monitor drivers’ performance out-on-road.
· Negotiate with Delivery Service Providers and keep track of their metrics.
· Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily.
Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience.
· Direct management experience for employees and their performance
· Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (why-why, data analysis tools).
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts if needed.
· Fluent in both Spanish and English.
· Must be familiar with the area and willing to relocate.
· Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus.
· 3+ years management experience in a delivery, manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment).
· Interest in long-term career development in Logistics & Transportation.
· Experience working and managing 3PL operations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 545395
External Company URL: www.amazon.com