GE Buying-Procurement Specialist in Monterrey, Mexico
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Latin America
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
• Buying-Procurement specialist responsible for Professional Services, Labor, T&L and Fleet strategy execution in Mexico, Andean and South Cone regions.
• Accountable to develop regional activities related to strategic sourcing for assigned commodities and suppliers. This will include market and spend analysis, RFQ execution, contract negotiations, preferred suppliers development and other cash initiatives.
• Support Regional Commodity Leaders with analysis (e.g. market, spend, savings, preferred supplier, pay terms/cash, etc.)
• Provide RFQ/RFP/SOW/contract negotiation support
• Lead contract negotiations/key projects, engaging with key stakeholders (e.g. Commodity Leads, sourcing deploy teams, in some cases with key operational stakeholders) in defining/understanding requirements through to implementation
• Create & manage purchase orders through to delivery & supplier invoicing/payment (primarily in support of Corporate purchases)
• Support, maintain, and update key sourcing tools, processes and systems such as iSave (a savings tracking tool), OCDB (oracle contract database), preferred supplier list, etc.
• Provide other key support to the Commodity Leaders
• Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years work experience in the assigned commodity
• Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and negotiation skills
• Strong quantitative and data analysis skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Engineering
• Excellent communication skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
• Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
• Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win
• Strong problem solving skills.