Continental Corporation Internal Sales Representative in Montemorelos, Mexico
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. As a division in the Continental group, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, plastic, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of €5.4 billion (2015), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, NAFTA, and South America.
Auto req ID 62457BR
Job Title Internal Sales Representative
Posting Location Montemorelos
Mission/ Propose Position
Inside Sales activities for Air Induction System (AIS) products. Follow the defined quote process from Mexico working with an international team located in Rochester, NH and Rochester Hills, MI. Act as Program Manager to facilitate the Quote Kick-Off Meetings which will identify tasks and timing quotation of each supporting department in order to deliver customer offers for new business and changes, on time while meeting the financial targets. . Support / Perform capacity analysis to assure adequate capacity to support customer demands and keep plant operating at a high level of capacity while being sure not to exceed plant capacity.
Meet or exceed customer expectations by managing team to deliver quotations on time, with a high degree of acuracy, while meeting or exceeding defined financial targets.
Support Sales Manager in customer contact for all new and existing product requirements until customer Initial Sample (IS) release, for following items : Prices, delivery time, planning, and packaging for prototype, pre¬-serial and IS parts.
Support customer quotation process (Gates 10-30 of Product Life Cycle, PLC) = Provide Request for Quotation (RFQ) details to involved departments (Engineering, Proj Mgmt, IE, Purchasing, Controlling). Assist in preparation of and Participate/Lead Inquiry Reviews. Collect information in coordination with Sales Manager for cost calculation and PCIS. Support Sales Manager with quotation process.
• Responsible to represent Sales Department in Project teams for new Project or transfer project for his/her customers. Regular attendance of product development project meetings expected.
• Launch prototype orders according to customers request and follow/manage deliveries.
• Launch pre¬production sampling and IS orders according customer needs and follow/manage deliveries.
• Initialize contact between EDI customer team and CT IT for new customers (contact list, plants to connect).
• Support Sales Manager to validate prices on customer orders against offers and to maintain sales prices in SAP accordingly.
• Regular management of customer Internet/Portal platform (prices, tooling,…) in coordination with Sales Manager, focusing on maintenance of quality data in customer portals relating to the commercial aspects of the business. Assists and promotes internal understanding of customer portals relevant for other departments (Quality, Engineering, Project Management, Logistics, etc.)
• Responsible for coordination within factory and completion of customer specific commercial processes (online & offline) involving packaging, capacity studies, planning requests and other questionnaires ¬ and communication of such to Sales Manager.
• Responsible for the creation of SAP master data, in coordination with Sales Manager, for:
new customers (sold & ship to party address, DUNS no., VAT no, bank account…)
new products: initialize article creation in SAP (prototype, serial numbers) and follow it until active in system.
new scheduling agreements. Responsible to introduce first manual requests in SAP, for material ordering, if customer schedule is not yet available.
• Coordination of Change Management activities with Project Management and Sales Manager (introduction of new or modified parts on existing platform).
• Perform any other miscellaneous analyses, document completion, SAP entry, or plant coordination requested by Sales Manager or Head of Sales.
• Works in accordance with Quality Handbook and EHS rules.
• Experience working with Ford, GM, and or FCA
• Strong MS Office skills
• Experience with SAP a plus
• Project Management skills
• AIS / Blow Molding / Injection Molding Knowledge a plus
Bachelors Degree in related field.
2+ years experience in sales support, purchasing or cost analysis.
Automotive (OEM) experience required.
Contact Name Rodrigo Ambriz
Contact Phone 4448345809
Contact Email Rodrigo.Ambriz@contitech.mx
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.