Microsoft Corporation Xbox Category Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means…
The Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world.
The Xbox Category manager would be the hub for the region/country for the Xbox Gaming businesses. They drive the strategy, investment priorities, goals by account and engage with sales teams and channel marketing to develop plans that are landed thru the Device sales, Channel Sales and Channel Marketing team. They are accountabile for Xbox. They will also support correction of error (COE) planning with sales and marketing teams.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
• Drive marketing and sales plans - Take the WW Xbox strategy and adapt to build the regional/country sales and marketing plan; identify key segments for compete and growth opportunities. Provide feedback to corp issues, opportunities and help needed
• Drive Investment Alignment - Align investments across all commercial channels by pitching the strategy; manage thru channel investments and ensure highest ROI.
• Lead all aspects of local Xbox Marketing - Align all marketing segments (PR, O&O, CRM, etc.) to land through the line messaging. Act as Local Xbox CMO tasked with maintaining Corp approved messaging and audience segments are addressed.
• Ready the Team - Ensure Xbox readiness across, segment and partner teams
• Tell the Product Story - Land local product and category stories with partners including pitch decks and readiness meetings so they are leading sell in aligned to Microsoft priorities.
• Hand off to sales leads.
• Manage and Montior ROB - Manage & Monitor the business identifying upside and managing risk or gaps. Deliver on the ROB for the assigned category of products, by channel.
Who We Are Looking For…
• Analysis and Insight (10%)- Use internal and external data/research to assess industry/market trends, incorporate new concepts in to marketing strategies, position Microsoft products in the competitive ecosystem and understand the relevance of Microsoft products in partner portfolios.
• Marketing Principles (25%)- Develop integrated marketing plans and strategic market objectives by channel partner, drive marketing execution, and measure execution and return on investment (ROI).
• Strategic Business Planning (10%)- Create strategic business objectives and category plans across all commercial customer touch points, coordinate partner segmentation and prioritization, and strategically influence assortment and volume builds, and execute against the product lifecycle.
• Consultative Leadership (20%)- Influence partners with category subject matter expertise to support the sales motion across the channels. Impact and influence the product business groups and drive cross group collaboration.
• Business Operational Excellence (20%)- Execute against scorecards and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, drive inventory management.
• Leadership (15%)- Influence across boundaries that delivers expected results.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Marketing/Business Bachelors Degree– MBA preferred
• 10+ years relevant commercial experience in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain Mgmt
• Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
• Strategic business planning
• Executive & Intercultural communication skills
• Strong partner relationships
• Cross group collaboration
• Forward looking and strategic thinking
• New product launch know how (economics, process, program, skills)
• Courage/risk taking
• Leading and thriving in ambiguity
• Strong coach and teacher of others