Amazon.com Transportation Program Manager - Mexico City in Mexico City, Mexico
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon Mexico is seeking a Line Haul Transportation Manager.
This position will be responsible to support Line haul carrier performance management, maintaining metrics and identifying opportunities for process improvement for Outbound Linehaul and Inbound Operations within Mexico´s Transportation Network. Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, development of SOPs. Ensuring Amazon requirements are communicated & executed by Line Haul carriers.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
· Proactively monitor Line haul process execution to identify, address, and prevent potential issues.
· Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Sort Centers, Fulfillment Centers).
· Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
· Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as he will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during shift changes as needed throughout the activity cycle and during daily/weekly reviews.
· Fully Bilingual (English & Spanish)
· Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or 2+ years of Amazon experience.
· Experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service, and/or distribution environments.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas.
· Demonstrated success working with carriers and or brokers.
· Advanced experience with Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.)
· Ability to communicate to various audiences both internal and external.
· Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
· Working knowledge and expertise with SQL.
· Working knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) documents and functionality
· Ability to balance and organize competing priorities in an ambiguous environment.
· Expertise in MS Access and SQL
· Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data.· Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 545209
External Company URL: www.amazon.com