Amazon.com Tax Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
Amazon is looking for an International Tax Manager based in Mexico City. This position is responsible for Mexico tax compliance, technical tax research, planning, and assisting with project implementation.
Primary duties include:
· Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors for the provision of technical memos.
· Supervise tax compliance, filing returns and reporting obligations;
· Draft tax requirements and guidelines for new product launches;
· Developing, implementing and documenting tax compliance process improvements.
· Providing support to the global accounting team responsible for accounting for corporate and intercompany transactions.
· Work with tax technology and IT teams to come up with automated solutions to the compliance process and assist with implementation.
Monitor tax legislative changes and potential impacts on the Amazon business.
· Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities.
· Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications in Mexico of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals.
· Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies.
· Provide assistance to local tax audits and controversy matters.
· Review financial data for proper application of tax laws and transfer pricing.
· 5+ years of tax experience with exposure to international tax in a multinational corporation, major law firm, and/or a Big 4 public accounting firm.
· 8 years using computer software including Excel, Word, and online research software.
· 3+ years managing and developing a team
· Fluent English and Spanish written skills.
· Legal or accounting degree.
· Retail or technology industry sector.
AMZR Req ID: 557629
External Company URL: www.amazon.com