Cisco Systems Engineer in Mexico City, Mexico
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Systems Engineering Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #: R1023772
Description: What You'll Do Cisco is looking for experienced Systems Engineers with a strong technical background. The SE will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. Qualified candidates should bring industry knowledge and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
In this role, you will have direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned geography. Staying up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services is essential. Candidate will focus on technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Other activities include participation as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and providing consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
In addition, you will: ● Work alongside technology experts to help them position the solution effectively against competing offerings.
● have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Cisco, as well as, Cisco Customers and Cisco Partners.
● build and present Cisco product, technology and solutions information to a range of internal and external audiences.
● Apply business requirements to the development of technical account/partner strategy and plan. Serve as a leader in communication between account team members.
● Support tactical opportunities (i.e. Product configurations, documentation, Lunch-n-Learns, etc.) and adapts existing Cisco solutions that address a specific customer/partner need.
- Who You'll Work With*
Global Virtual Sales is on a journey of Transformation. This journey will result in a Transformation of the experience for our customers, partners, stakeholders and employees, driving higher relevance and stronger business results for Cisco.
Our Global Virtual Sales organization, which leverages virtual technology to grow revenue and build relationships with customers and partners, is expanding our sales coverage to help accelerate these areas of the business.
Part of a unique Global Sales Team, you will benefit from the knowledge of your peers from other culture while you drive the local impact to the business. Our team owns the pre-sales coverage for the local Virtual Sales team and is relying on many other peers to cover all sales opportunities. You will be a key player to focus on the strategic opportunities on the territory covered by Virtual Sales and enable the team to sell more.
- Who You Are* Minimum Qualifications: ● 3 to 5 years experience in markets where Cisco competes. 1-3 years field technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
● Experience working with large accounts (SP or Enterprise) or territories (Commercial or Channel), as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
● Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
● Strong knowledge in one of the following: Security, Enterprise Networks, Collaboration Data Center and Virtualization ● Industry technical certifications, as defined by his/her specialization, such as CCNP.
● Fluent in English
Desired Skills: ● CCIE certification a plus but not mandatory for consideration.
- Why Cisco* We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: *None
Systems Engineer Mexico City MX R1023772-en_US