Dell Sr Advisor, Pricing (17000IZ2) in Mexico City, Mexico
Sr Advisor, Pricing (17000IZ2)
Job ID R04996
Date posted 10/12/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
This position is part of the Latin America Commercial Pricing team. The team manages client products pricing for all commercial desktops and notebooks. This Pricing Consultant will have high visibility and ownership of all products list price function, and will partner with various teams such as Product Line Marketing and Business Analytics so that each product category achieves its share, quarterly revenue and margin dollar targets. Main activities include setting list prices and discount parameters in tools; develop and communicate competitive price analysis; and evaluate cost changes and impact to business. It is expected from this role an overview of all products and standardization of processes and communication across the pricing advisors team. Critical competencies needed are: Business & Analytical Acumen; Intellectual Capacity; Presentation Skills; Influence Strategy and Innovative.
Role Responsibilities - Develops and implements pricing strategies to maximize sales and market penetration and ensure long-term profitability objectives are met.
Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Conducts research and performs competitive pricing analysis. Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction.
Develops, evaluates and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Maintains and communicates regular pricing position.
- Supports the proposal for price position changes across platforms and markets (per price band) with other functional leaders to insure competitive and financially viable price position.
- Monitor(s) and reports regional and/or global competitive and/or cost trends.
- Focuses list pricing activities and influences discounting and promotional practices with the intent of maximizing overall operating income.
- Ensures proper cost uploads to sales tools are delivered and leads cost impact clarity to RUM (Revenue, Units, Margin) P&L.
- Supports the quarterly RUM guidance process, which incorporates revenue and margin implications of forward pricing plans for assigned product categories as appropriate.
- Supports the list pricing at launch of new models or products.
- Completes responsibility for pricing and profitability strategy for customer kits and partner products.
- Develops and maintains competitive pricing databases designed to monitor changes in the marketplace and their impact on the corporation.
- Works cross-functionally to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
7-10years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Experience with manipulating large amounts of data via Excel/Access
Understanding of statistics and P&L statement analysis
Experience in Business analysis, managing through ambiguity, organization understanding, and executive presentation skills