GE Senior Commercial Manager - Steam Turbines in Mexico City, Mexico
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Senior Commercial Manager - Steam Turbines
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
Mexico City, Bogotá, Lima, Buenos Aires, Sao Pauilo
Steam Turbines is one of the critical growth areas for Power Services, and offers a uniquely exciting opportunity to be part of a ‘start up’ business in PS. The Power Services Senior Commercial Manager, Steam Turbines will be part of the Latin America Commercial Operations function of Power Services.
The Commercial Manager (CM) will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of all aspects of the Inquiry to Order (ITO) phase of proposal management including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification compliance, scope development, transactional pricing, and issue resolution for regional proposals to which he/she is allocated. He/She is expected to take ownership and work closely with various Subject Matter Expert(s) to ensure PGS Policy 5.0 for ITO deal management are closely adhere and followed through.
• Provide full proposal leadership from initial inquiry to deal closure and handover (track key dates and proposal submission deadlines)
• Communicates and leads multi-functional teams during the ITO phase on a global level
• Develop capture strategy with region and platform management
• Works for a defined geographical area and collaborates with the regional sales team
• Coordinate with various internal teams in completing the proposal on high complexity opportunities – region, sales, finance, execution, risk, legal, engineering, etc.
• Support technical scope and pricing development
• Perform initial risk evaluation and determine feasibility and bid compliance concerns
• Conduct formal internal Risk Reviews at various project milestone within the product line (CoE)
• Propose and support formal R2 to obtain pricing/deviation approvals where required
• Generate final proposal with approved deviations/language as required
• Document all deal related documents
• Work with sales in deal negotiation and closing process when appropriate
• Send order acknowledgements, obtain contract signatures and ensure internal order booking is completed on-time
• Conduct formal R3 review to identify and handover execution requirements/documents
• Ensure Policy 5.0 (R Process) is followed for each opportunity
• Develop regional technical strategy to allow sustainable growth (Propose structure reorganizations, capabilities analysis, processes & tools simplification)
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for region team members and for proposals preparation where high technical impact is demanded.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Steam Turbines business / operation
• Minimum 8 years of general business experience, at least 2 of which must be in the energy/power industry
• Fluent written & spoken English
• Ability to travel as needed, minimum 30% time.
• Knowledge of gas turbine technology
• 2 years minimum in commercial, marketing, product management or application engineering role in the energy/power industry
• Prior commercial sales experience in closing MYA is preferred
• Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs
• Able to effectively lead and energize a multi-functional team to meet ITO milestone on a global level
• Ability and willingness to think “out of the box”
• Ability to support development and utilize analytical software and sales tools (Salesforce.com, Excel, etc.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Strong coordination and influencing skills
• Additional language skills like Spanish, Portuguese