Amazon.com Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Canada/Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
The Amazon Mexico/Canada Retail team is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst for our Traffic and Marketing team. The Senior BI Analyst will support the growth of businesses by working closely with retail teams by providing insights that are timely, accurate, and actionable. As a Senior BI Analyst, you would help us extract meaning from large volumes of data to make the business decisions. You would set the vision, strategy and road-map and work alongside stakeholders in the organization to make it happen. You know and love working with business intelligence tools, you can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with business leaders to answer key business questions. The Mexico/Canada team provides a fast paced, entrepreneurial team environment, while benefiting from access to the experience, resources, and technology of one of the largest online marketers in the world.
This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data engineering practices as well as outstanding business acumen and ability to work with category, marketing and vendor manager teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space. Successful candidate can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. He/she must have the experience to be able to extract insights from data and be able to clearly communicate appropriate triggers and actions. It’s crucial that this individual is able to influence and gain the buy-in of others on a large scale. He/she must be able to collaborate with key internal stakeholders to determine how best to leverage predictive modeling to support key business objectives.
· You think creatively: We are not looking for someone that will just extract data, estimate models and write analyses. We want someone that will extract insights and provide business recommendations.
· You are able to use data to develop new statistical models to improve our ability to synthesize and extract insights from large volumes of data.
· You are a thought leader on data mining and analysis and are able to uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our marketing investment decisions.
· You collaborate closely with marketing managers, category leaders, vendor managers and other retail teams to provide business owners with quantitative insights that move the needle.
· Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or a similar quantitative field.
· 4+ years of relevant professional experience in an ecommerce, business intelligence or consulting environment.
· Experience working with a wide range of predictive and decision models and data mining techniques
· 3+ years using SQL queries to retrieve and analyze data.
· Hands on experience with data tools such as R, python and/or Tableau.
· MBA or advanced degree (M.S.) in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, stats, operations research, finance).
· Experience in machine learning and statistical modelling skills such as: linear regression, variable selection, multivariate analysis, forecasting time series, etc.
· Track record of complex and creative problem-solving, and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to present findings in a variety of formats and explain technical results to technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to structure ambiguous problem statements and to source and combine disparate data sets to answer business questions.
· An uncanny knack and passion for turning qualitative analysis and observations into diagnostics and metrics.
AMZR Req ID: 547021
External Company URL: www.amazon.com