SAP Retail Industry Presales Senior Specialist Job in Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition ID: 131936
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Retail Industry Presales Senior Specialist possesses advanced/expert level knowledge of SAP and partner software solutions and participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy.
A Retail Industry Presales Senior Specialist interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the Presales Senior Specialist during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP solution in retail portfolio can solve the customer’s problem and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. During these cycles they often take on the role of a Solution Captain. In addition to deal support, a Presales Senior Specialist collaborates with sales and IVE teams to plan and execute business development strategies through the use of Design Thinking tools and techniques.
· Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
· Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
· In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
· Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
· Support RFx completion in support of customer proposals.
· Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies (SAP Virtual Studio and Adobe Connect).
· Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
· Able to lead as a Solution Captain when deals require complex solutions and require multiple presales participates to support a successful customer presentation or demo.
· Effectively leverage support teams who are there to support presales success. (Global / Regional Solution Specialists, CoE, IVE, Solution HuBs, Deal Advisors, Solution Experience, Product Management).
· Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
· Lead & support Design Thinking workshops to promote new and innovative solutions for customers and prospects.
· Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts.
· Develop close relationships with sales teams in order to promote effective sales methodologies
· Participate in demo system design and planning and assist in configuration if needed. Participate in new product release input and testing and training of peers.
· Serve as a champion for or participate as a leader in Solution Hubs and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues as needed.
· 5 years of retail presales experience
· 3 -5 years of retail solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
· Demonstrates 5-7 successful engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
· Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
· Experience in sales and sales processes
· Excellent presentation and communication skills English: proficient
· Business level local language: expert
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
· Master equivalent: optional
· MBA / Ph.D.: optional
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.