Diageo Public Relations & Advocacy Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
This role will be in charge of managing the communications & advocacy strategy and execution for the Tequila & White Spirits portfolio in Mexico, in order to scale our foot print in the Public Relations, Sponsorships and Commercial Advocacy/ Brand Goals. We will need a charismatic leader who can both define the yearly strategy for our business and our brands as well as demonstrate our leadership, credibility and clear action plan with influencers and media.
Purpose of role:
Leads strategy planning, execution and control of consumer facing experiential / communication programs and finds the correct events, alliances and partnership that drive content with relevant stakeholders: influencers, KOL and media
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
1) Drive brilliant relations: 1. With key media driving: Earned media coverage 2. With influencers and bartending staff: driving endorsements 3. With clients, managing direct relationships and Commercial PR.
2) Deliver great Tequila & Vodka tastings and brand experiences winning the hearts and minds of key media & influencers resulting in them giving excellent positive trainings and coverage to our brands
3) Train our key sales & operations people in the distinctive benefits of our Tequila & Vodka brands over the competitors such that they can then persuade their customers
4) Train our key partners bar staff in to the superior benefits of our tequila brands over the competitors such that they can then successfully
5) Manages TLA image accounts to drive product Knowledge, catalogation and events that drive commercial PR
6) Manage local heritage centre facility experiences generating media & influencer experiences
Qualifications and responsibilities:
Communications/ Public Relations or brand management/ Marketing studies.
Spirit/ food/ hospitality/ retail/ media industry experience +6 years.
Strategy development and project management skills and working with multifunctional team experience.
Excellent media handling skills (must), great presentation skills (must).
Sommelier experience (desire).
Master and with proven track record in executing events.
Ability to translate brand strategies to events and PR activation.
Great communication, creativity, diplomacy, flexibility, adaptability, inspires others, people management, ability to challenge constructively, self-motivated, entrepreneurial.
Proven network in media, lifestyle partners & influencer targets within Mexico
External Job Title:
Public Relations & Advocacy Manager