Amazon.com Public Policy Analyst, Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
We are looking for a Mexico Public Policy Analyst, who will help lead public policy activities in Mexico City, Mexico, supporting Amazon’s priorities in the country. This position will report to the Director of Public Policy for Mexico.
The Mexico Public Policy Analyst will be a highly visible position that will help to create, execute, and manage key public policy issues. The Analyst will work with the Mexico Director and the entire Americas public policy team to develop and advance Amazon positions on eCommerce, trade barriers, trade compliance, consumer protection, and data protection issues, and will advocate before government officials, communicate with consultants and trade associations, and represent the company at conferences and meetings.
The Analyst will work collaboratively and transparently with business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Analyst will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business and the public policy team, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
The position is based in Mexico City, Mexico.
Bachelor’s degree required (Law, International Relations, Politics, Economy); Juris Doctor or Master’s preferred.
At least 5+ years of public policy experience in a major corporation, the government, and/or a lobbying business in Mexico is required. Experience working in or with a US or European-based multinational company is preferred, as is additional experience within the Mexican government.
Focus and Deliverables:
• Work collaboratively and transparently with the Americas Public Policy, Legal, Trade Compliance and Public Relations teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and public policy goals as it relates to policy matters in Mexico and throughout the Americas.
• To strengthen and manage the government relations efforts in Mexico with all stakeholders, as well as providing policy direction, coordinating government relations initiatives and advocating for the organization’s interest.
• Representing public policy positions before Mexican federal, state, and local government agencies and officials, including at very senior levels.
• To build and implement strategic plans for specific issues and challenges with business executives.
• To develop Amazon’s strategies and policies as well as to drive and implement plans and actions for regulatory issues and legislative developments in Mexico.
• Work with the Mexico legal team to respond to government inquiries of a compliance nature.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all corporate and political levels. You can create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and you can persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences. You can interject your point intelligently, concisely, and in a friendly way.
· Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
· Self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
· Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers. You can think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
· Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment / decision-making skills, and political acumen. You can intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Hires great people. Develops great people.
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Is action and results oriented
· Is highly analytical and structured
· Has the ability to inspire passion in others
AMZR Req ID: 462045