Cisco Project Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1212195
What You'll Do
● Manages large/complex customer facing projects or multiple projects or takes a business management role in an account or group of accounts. Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
● Develops and presents proposals and final agreements. Provides leadership to project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners or subcontractors. Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of escalated project issues. Accountable for the Project Budget, Margins and completion within timelines. Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business.
● Influences the customer in the assessment, planning and management of related network projects. May manage internal projects/programs within Cisco. May Program Manage ongoing optimization service to deployed customer networks. Acts as a mentor to Junior Project managers. Works with the Program Management Community to further develop the PM/PGM role, processes and operations.
● The Senior Project Manager will also be expected to contribute to the development of a project management methodology and assist in the construction of a formalized program office.
● The Senior Project Manager will lead Project teams to deliver multiple, simultaneous projects that span across several business or technology areas.
Who You'll Work With
Global Delivery Centers (GDC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
GDCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations. They are looking for high skilled engineers to work across all cisco architectures like Borderless networks, Collaboration, Datacenter/ Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN & OSS.
Who You Are
● Project Manager should be proficient with managing scope, time, cost, quality, people, risk and communications for a project.
Project/Program Management experience in the deployment of leading edge technologies in a highly complex commercial environment.
● Has a professional project management training credentials (PMI). Has basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet and general network architecture. Has demonstrated clear leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams. Has a good knowledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping. Has demonstrated a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts. Has demonstrated advanced negotiation and presentation skills.
● Understands the organization, aims and processes.
Has good understanding of project management tools like MS-Project etc.
● Good understanding of Quality concepts, methodologies and tools, ITSM/ITIL processes. Knowledge on Industry standard Certifications like ISO 9000.
● Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 10+ years to 14 related experience in networking/telecommunications industry OR min 4-7 years managing LAN and/or WAN network implementation and support PLUS 4-5 years in a Clearly defined Senior Project Management role. Requires professional PM certification, ESi, PMP or equivalent.
● Cisco certifications like CCNP, CCxP
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.