Medtronic Product Manager in Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Nov 10, 2016
Medtronic is looking for a Product Manager!
As a global leader in Medical Technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the lives and health of millions of people each year. We use our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise to address the complex challenges faced by healthcare system today. Let´s take healthcare Further, Together.
Learn more at www.medtronic.com
Medtronic is a $27.8b company with more than 85K employees in more than 160 countries.
The Product Manager, with minimal supervision, is responsible for the profitable operation of the assigned product line to include: a) working with and understanding the clinical needs of the customers; b) developing and monitoring advertising and promotion plans for assigned product lines; d) developing, implementing and managing market plans for assigned products; e) consolidating and integrating sales forecasts from regional business units, f) executing dispassionate portfolio management.
Other responsibilities include:
• Manage minimum pricing to improve product profitability and viability of new products.
• Work with country Sales Managers and Product Specialists for new product introduction, product training, and assisting key sales calls related to medium and long term contracts
• Oversee the progress of direct and distributor sales
• Support, develop and oversee business opportunities in coordination with Local Sales managers/supervisors.
• Develop, implement and improve training material for new and existing products.
• Develop and monitor advertising and promotion plans to assure that they meet the objectives of the product line.
• Monitor industry / market development and trends and drive actions accordingly.
• Monitor competitors’ products, initiatives and sales activities and take actions accordingly.
• Coordinate activities with the Sales team to maintain effective relations with all customers and distributors.
• Interact with functional areas to guarantee alignment and implementation of the Marketing plans.
• Lead, coach and develop team of Product Specialists under his/her responsibility.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Business Administration or related field. Masters degree preferred.
• Prior experience in working a bi-lingual work environment (Spanish -English) able to effectively speak read and write in both languages.
• 5-7 years in sales and/or product marketing experience
• Minimum 5 years in healthcare industry
• Ability to participate in the development of strategic direction
• Strong collaborative skills with ability to influence others
• A leader of integrity who manages with courage